Coby Generation 4 Bootloader

okidave

Apr 1, 2013
Have a MID7060, got it rooted, ADB installed and working (Ubuntu 12.10). Cannot get to bootloader, tried ADB reboot-bootloader, and vol+ power button. Am I missing something here? Is the bootloader locked? How do I unlock it?

okidave

Apr 1, 2013
Why are you trying to boot to bootloader?

Are you sure the tablet has fastboot? what are you going to do if you get into download and can't get out?

I am a total noob, not sure if this tablet has fastboot. I would like to compile a ROM for this device, from what I understand so far is I need to get to bootloader to flash it, correct? The recovery is 3e and I cannot apply patched even (signature validation failed). Do I need install a new recovery (CWM recovery or other) to flash?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I am a total noob, not sure if this tablet has fastboot. I would like to compile a ROM for this device, from what I understand so far is I need to get to bootloader to flash it, correct? The recovery is 3e and I cannot apply patched even (signature validation failed). Do I need install a new recovery (CWM recovery or other) to flash?

you shouldn't mess with a bootloader, a bootloader does as it's name describes allows your tablet to boot, messing with or making changes to bootloader, causes tablet to not boot. rom would need to be installed via recovery, via stock recovery you need coby signature key, via cw recovery no signature needed.

okidave

Apr 1, 2013
you shouldn't mess with a bootloader, a bootloader does as it's name describes allows your tablet to boot, messing with or making changes to bootloader, causes tablet to not boot. rom would need to be installed via recovery, via stock recovery you need coby signature key, via cw recovery no signature needed.
Thanks. If I understand correctly need to install cw recovery to install a new rom, since the coby signature is not available. Are there any cw recoverys pre-compiled that would work on this tablet? If not, any good tutorials on how to make one? I have set up the build environment and downloaded the sources allready.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011