Coby Kryos - MID 8024. Upgrading questions?

J.Farley

Dec 28, 2011
Purchased a MID8024 for my boyfriend for christmas. I know i should have done the research before buying, but i couldn't resist a good deal (or what i thought was a good deal at the time). Bear with me, as I am not as technically gifted as others on this site. I just recently bought my first smartphone (andriod, of course) and I am still learning the ins and outs of that.

The main purpose for buying the tablet was to replace the need for a pc, when it came to gaming. The only game my boyfriend really needs is runescape, and of course, we cannot play it as of now.

My question is: how would i go about upgrading to something better than Froyo 2.2 (without rooting)? and What is the lowest "upgrade or operating system" i would need for flash to show up on a webpage, to play runescape?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Don't know about runescape, but see thread about Nefarious Bread from neferim, it will update your tablet to Gingerbread with some optimization that will allow you to play more games. Depending on the game, you may need Chainfire3D (free version should be enough). But I only advice voiding your Kyros warranty intalling a custom firmware after a using it for a few weeks to make sure it's not defective.