Coby Kyros 1024 running great w/o root

jayslater

Oct 18, 2011
Hi There

Found your advice for the Coby 1024 about getting the Android Market. I am expecting my tablet from Amazon on Friday and would like to install the app Market. Can you give me some easy steps as to how. I am definitely not a techhie.
Thanks
Jay

rgrove4x

Oct 24, 2011
Hey All. Thx for the great info. Got the market on my mid1024 thru the described steps, but can't download. Just keep getting "unsuccessful" downloads. Any suggestions?
Thx

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hey All. Thx for the great info. Got the market on my mid1024 thru the described steps, but can't download. Just keep getting "unsuccessful" downloads. Any suggestions?
Thx

Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications, look for GoogleServicesFramework, force stop & clear data, do the same for Market. Open Market, it should show "Server error". Reboot, try to use Market again.

rgrove4x

Oct 24, 2011
Thx for the reply. Tried as suggested still got the same download error. Gonna uninstall then re-install the google services and market and try it again.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
If you are using stock firmware (2.2 - Froyo), make sure GoogleServicesFramework is version 2.2 or it may cause problems... Check it in the same place I told you to clear its data (upper left corner shows apk version).

eromrab

Dec 5, 2011
It would also be nice to have a 6x6 dashboard, if that's what it's called, instead of 4x4.

And you should look at the zeam launcher, it lets you change the dashboard size. Find it on xda forums somewhere

You should also check out LauncherPro on the Android Market (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fede.launcher&hl=en), it's free and you can set how many apps in a row and a column pretty high. I enjoy it. :)

I haven't tested it on this device, because I don't have one, but I use it for all my phones and tablets.