Coby Kyros 1042 can't use speak to text.

Dieselrider

Nov 29, 2012
I have a Coby Kyros Mid 1042 and have Google voice and Google Search on here. I can text from the tablet fine. I can make calls from the tablet fine using Google voice and Groove IP. However, if I try to select the microphone on the default keyboard, I get a "Unfortunately, Voice Search has Stopped" message. Not sure why? Any Ideas?

Might also add I did try to use a gingerbread keyboard as well as that worked on my Commando phone but, it did the same thing on the tablet so I went back to the default keyboard.

Last edited:

Dieselrider

Nov 29, 2012
Wow! This site just rocks with exciting help. If Columbus had this much help, the Indians would still own Manhattan.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Quite likely no one has encountered the problem you're having, thus there is no one who can adequately answer your question.

The snarky comments only ensure no one wants to help you, and are not necessary.

loglive

Apr 27, 2013
I have a Coby Kyros Mid 1042 and have Google voice and Google Search on here. I can text from the tablet fine. I can make calls from the tablet fine using Google voice and Groove IP. However, if I try to select the microphone on the default keyboard, I get a "Unfortunately, Voice Search has Stopped" message. Not sure why? Any Ideas?

Might also add I did try to use a gingerbread keyboard as well as that worked on my Commando phone but, it did the same thing on the tablet so I went back to the default keyboard.

Same tablet, same error. Apparently a file is missing from a system library, libspeech.so, the thing is that after installing the file I am not getting the error but tablet is still deaf. I'll get back.