Coby Kyros 7012 HELP PLEASE launcher deleted

cokester

Jan 7, 2012
my launcher got deleted somehow so now my screeen is completely black but i can still slide for notifcations but thats it.. the lockscreen still works ... please help me.. apprently usb debugging wasnt ticked but now i cant tick it so i can use adb to reinstall the apk for a launcher... please help i dont have the stock rom or any backups

alexander2

Jan 25, 2012
Hello and never fear a resolution is here all I must do is hold down your home key no not the back key or ''m'' key but the one in between this should show all your last visited apps from there is I were browsing the Internet great just type in 4shared go to the site and in the search box type adw launcher apk download it and install it and there you go your browser is bak

and if you didnt have browset oopen last connect your tablet to your computer download the apk from there copy and past it into your sd card under downloads now all l you have to do is find a way to get into your file manger and go to your download folder and install the apk well there you go good luck reply soon with gud rezolts:)

Sent from my MID7125 using Android Tablet Forum

alexander2

Jan 25, 2012
yikes proceed with method two n if all else fails download the android sdk and install it on computer and run the comman prompt from ther you can hook your tablet to the computer n manualy install your launcher bag look for youtube videos on how to install the sdk oh n p.s your tablet must have usb debbuging enable its n settings inside manege apps and devlopment

stricnin

Jan 31, 2012
I really wish I had seen this first before rebooting, running clock work, wiping, and crying. Now debugging is off. Is there a way to turn it on? I've been shedding tears for 3 days. I've screwed myself haven't I?

alexander2

Jan 25, 2012
yea when all else fails at least you still have your warenty for the tablet and or store recitpt just return it thn sorry thts all i got gud luck

stricnin

Jan 31, 2012
Nope! I've had it over a month now. It seems when it rains it pours. I believe a good recovery or update would fix it, but everyone I've found the install is aborted. Has anyone found a good one for the 7012?

alexander2

Jan 25, 2012
hay that would help check it out go to the coby web site and look for the mid 7125 update of your computer put it on your sd card a file you can enter while in recovery while the zip file say it only serves for addibg flash player its also a stock back up so once u put it in your sd card boot into recovery install the zip a boom baby your back in business :) this is surre fire to work ad long as your able to get to your recovery ok cool now if this fails im all outta options /resorts so gud look with this last method cuz its all i got for yea

alexander2

Jan 25, 2012
oh and you can find th the update zip(which is te name) under mid 7125 downloads update zip and yes it should work for the mid 7015 all the apps r the same firmwear etc. so yea gud luck

stricnin

Jan 31, 2012
Well, Thanks you so much for your help. Unfortunately it appears that when I screw something up, like a 5 dollar hooker it's very screwed. The MID7125 update was aborted after 1/4 of the verification bar was filled. I think that an update made for the MID7012 will be the key. I'll continue to research the thing and will post any findings here. Also keeping and eye on the thread in hopes that a fix will be found.

popmartin

Mar 23, 2012
I have the same issue, will this work on the 7012? which recovery is compatible with the 7012?
There is nothing listed on Coby website for 7012.

Last edited: