coby kyros 7012 netflix not working

cokester

Jan 7, 2012
Ok netflix used to work but now it doesnt. I had netflix 1.2.1 no update check version dled from xda. But now when i go into netflix, it says theres a update available and i press cancell and when trying to stream, it says sorry this title isnt available please try another title. But if i update to latest verison, it works but it has choppy playback lag.. can any1 else check if its me only and how 2 fix

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
Doh, sorry, mines not working either...
No big deal for me. I've just been encoding movies and loading them on my SD card.
Oh well, it was good while it lasted!

Last edited:

cokester

Jan 7, 2012
I used thhe one postedd here but it doesnt workk anymore
When u open netflix, does it ask u to update

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
LOL oh well if it's to hard for you to uninstall your nonworking version an go to market an install working version.

cokester

Jan 7, 2012
LOL oh well if it's to hard for you to uninstall your nonworking version an go to market an install working version.

REREAD the thread, i said i downloaded the new verison and it doesnt work very well.. i told you once already yet you still say same thing, stop trying get your post count up

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
At this moment, I don't think it can work on this model. unless we find someone who can figure out the problem.

Jaydon

Feb 16, 2012
I had that model (for a very short amount of time) and returned it. the processor is only 800 mhz or so if I remember correctly. You can install Netflix, but the video refresh rate is to slow to keep up. There may be a way around it somehow, but I don't think many developers with that knowledge will take the time to figure it out on that tablet.

Something you may already know is you can install Amazons Appstore from the amazon website. I think Getjar is preinstalled. also Imarket (i think) can be installed and has more apps to chose from. Maybe another video app like hulu or vudu would work. Good luck.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum

retired

Nov 29, 2011
Same here. Seems just one more way that Netflix is screwing their customers. I don't see any reason why they need to force the update. The old version worked fine with the low-powered tablets. I used the tablet to view Netflix when traveling but can't anymore. Maybe somebody can modify the old version so that it appears to be the newer version by modifying the part of the code that reflects versions. I'd be willing to donate.