Coby Kyros 7012

Kriz75

Mar 24, 2015
Hi,
I have a tablet coby kyros with the touch screen broken - it's not working anymore.
In the attempt to solve the problem- i thought it was a SW problem-, I performed a factory reset, but this was a very big mistake since now I'm stacking on the calibration procedure and cannot go through since the touchscreen is not responding. I tried to connect the mouse but cannot skip the calibration phase even if the mouse seems to work since I can see the pointer moving on the screen. I tried with the keyboard but also in this case no success. I've also tried to connect the tablet on the PC but the it's not recognized - I tried on a Win7 PC, I'm planning to try with a Linux one.

I didn't do any 'special' on the Tablet- no rooting, not flashing new ROMs. I just used it to listen streaming radio.

The tablet is identified as Model 56021 and searching a bit on the web I can say that should be the MID7012.

Any suggestion to skip the calibration? Any key combination?

Thanks,
Cristian

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Cristian

I'm afraid that without a working screen you're pretty much toast. There is no way to get beyond the point you are at or access the tablet that I am aware of at this point.