Coby Kyros 7014 (root or roms?)

ne0h

Mar 23, 2012
I bought my daughter a Coby Kyros 7014. Main thing I wanted it for is so she can watch movies and play games. It has Android 2.3 on it. Obviously still full of bloatware. I have gotten Hulu Plus to work on it. And Netflix runs, but it's REALLY choppy. I know the device can handle netflix as I'm not a n00b to android by any means. I had an older phone with less performance running netflix, before netflix did their last update. Anyways, I've been looking for "root" and "custom roms" for this everywhere. I see there are tutorials for the "7015" but not for the "7014". Now I have tried said tutorial on my daughter's 7014 using Z4Root, of course I didn't have the balls yet to run permanent root, so I ran temporary root. But once it's done, I don't see "super user" installed. Has anyone been successful with permanently rooting the "7014". I want to remove alot of this bloatware. Also anyone know of an "ROMS" for this lil' guy?

Thanks in advance,

- ne0h

Tim1131

Jan 1, 2012
Welcome to my world lol! no reply! I actually asked the same question yesterday I have a Pandigital Planet I didn't see anything for superuser either, I did permanent z4root looks like that worked it did the kernal thing etc. Still no icon for superuser?
Maybe I'll use another name Roxanne or something Tim doesn't work lol ! good luck