Coby Kyros 7015 4GB Wifi Problem

code347

Feb 4, 2011
Did you guys try to reset the modem and router?

Unplug both for 30 seconds. Power up and try to reconnect.

Just a suggestion.

Good luck!

mmicoski

Apr 9, 2011
Hello. I bought a brand new Kyros Coby Tablet and had problems to connect it to my generic router (MultiLaser ML-ROT-054). The tablet connected with open wifi spots and my router connected with my laptop. It took a while to remember the router was configured to allow connection only from a list of configured MAC addresses. I included Coby MAC in router configuration and it immediately connected. I hope this helps someone out there (and I was not the only fooled by the MAC trick!)

Joex51

May 26, 2011
it has to do with the chipset in the WAP i have a Linksys router with WRT on it and the Kyros connects just fine. I have a linksys that is stock and Kyros connect just fine.
I have a Linksys at a client site and the Kyros fils to Obtain an IP address.
every time no matter what I change.

Apr 28, 2011
Sup guys, recently purchased this Coby Kyros 7015 4gb model and right out of the case after setup Wifi would not connect. I've tried factory reset but that does not work either. I was wondering if there is anyway for me to replace the wifi apk within the system and start over?
If your wifi was not working out of the box, and your router works fine, you probably have a defected tablet. Send it back to coby and have them fix it. If u have just opened it, your warranty should still be good. Just tell them what happened and they should repair it.

Last edited: