Coby Kyros 7022 cant see laptop wifi hotspot

pro2type

Sep 19, 2011
Hello to you all!

I own Coby Kyros 7022 and i love it. But i have one problem. In my office i don't have wifi connection. So i use my laptop which is wired to the network to create wifi hotspot. I can connect on my laptop for internet my phone, ipod... But my coby kyros can't see the wifi hotspot. I also try to create wifi hotspot with my phone and i can connect everything else, but coby kyros can't see my wifi hotspot.

Does anyone know why?

It is wierd because all gadgets i have can see wifi hot spot from laptop except my COBY KYROS.

Thank you for all your answers!

Have a nice day!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Some tablets have a problem with wifi channels 11 and higher. If possible, you might try a lower channel number.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Your tablet cant connect via adhoc connection.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
1. Make sure WiFi is working: can you see any network? can you connect to a normal access point?

2. Some versions of Andoid block connection to ad-hoc networks. Look for a hack/patch to enable it for your tablet or at least the same Android version (probably you will have to root your tablet first).

pro2type

Sep 19, 2011
Hello.

I have trided to lower the channel for wifi and still not working. All other wifi networks works fine except ad-hoc.

Does anyone have this fix for gingerbread 2.3.3.?

TNX

Last edited:

sparky204

Aug 16, 2011
its the ad hoc connection. I had a similar problem trying to do the same thing you mentioned.

I found a free program called connectify. It solved the problem. Its Androids unwillingness to link with ad hoc connections.

pro2type

Sep 19, 2011
Is there any chance to use ad-hoc from mobile phone. I will be more usable. How is that possible that android tablets have that kind of a problem. I have samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and have the same problem