Coby Kyros 7024 image?

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
Does any one know where I can get the image, I tried looking for it on the coby site, and couldn't seem to find it. I want to start working on a basic rom for it (su,cwm,ti,android market,zip aligned, and deodexed). I'll be getting mine the end of this week, any help appreciated, and thanks in advance.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Now that I'm rooted there must be a way to pull an image from the tablet. I'm also exploring Clockwork Recovery to see how that can be installed, but I think I'd like to have a backup image before I mess with boot files!

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
won't just install the app? and flash a recovery? Like I said I don't know a whole lot about coby tablets but I know how to use adb and cook roms. Before I start on the rom I am going to play around with my coby tablet when I get it next week.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Looks like Clockwork has to be flashed. I'll hold off till I can restore if need be. Next week? Bummers your tablet got delayed? Thought you'd have it by now.

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
I bought it on friday, they sent it out on monday from new jersey. So either this Friday or Monday. Soon as I get it and charge it, it's getting rooted I will try putting cwm on it.

something along the lines of adb reboot bootloader, I want to see what that will do on the tablet,but adb reboot recovery should boot you into the recovery menu once a recovery is flashed. I will see if it will let me, if it does I'll use adb to pull /system and start working on a small part of it.

RipplingHurst

Mar 3, 2011
I just bought my Coby 7024, my first android device. Can't wait to learn about rooting it and using dab and other tools. First thing, I'd like to have a recovery image In a spare SD card, so that I can try whatever, is that the fool proof way to try things and never brick it?

Thanks.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Recovery is the Holy Grail that we're all looking for. The tablets been rooted but there is not much that rooting offers at this point.

gopackerjst

May 4, 2011
how did you guys root your kyros? I just got mine 2 days ago and I tried z4root and it didn't work. I have a mac so I can't use SuperOneClick :s