Coby Kyros 7024 running a modified Official Kyros 8024 firmware :)

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Custom Firmware for 7024 Base on Official 7024 firmware of Coby!

***Please note i customise my firmware base on what i want and how i use my tablet. I am not responsible if something bad happen to your tablet... This is also just a hobby.. please dont be mad at me if you brick your tablet..well if you dont like you can always flash the OFW Firmware.***

****Before flashing a new rom...always use Titanium Backup so it will be faster to restore your application after every flash of rom!!!**

Now Pictures first
My New Bencmark
7024-Benchmark.jpg

My 7024 Info-Take note of my Internal Application memory
7024-Info.jpg

Change Detail:
Cpu 998Mhz to 1149Mhz
Application Storage 486.4Meg to 1133.9Meg (Install all the application you want!!!)
Improve Database IO
Battery with Percentage
Font
Windows action
Icons
Bootanimation
Latest ver of google market

i forgot the other changes

This is not yet rooted but easily rootable... i'll leave it up to you if you want to root your tablet.

Please note if you dont want overclocking replace "u-boot.arg,u-boot.bin,u-boot.sd and setbootargs" with the official u-boot.bin of OFW 7024
***I dont know the long term effect of overclocking the cpu...this is a warning!!!***

https://rapidshare.com/files/3723501751/CFW-7024.rar

PW:flxrm)

Props to Prox32 for some of the info i got from him.

Last edited:

h0t1ce

Jul 4, 2011
That's awesome. Did you work out the issues such as the camera being reversed and part of the screen missing? Is the CPU frequency at 1.15Ghz the default on the official rom? Or did you tweak it somehow?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
That's awesome. Did you work out the issues such as the camera being reversed and part of the screen missing? Is the CPU frequency at 1.15Ghz the default on the official rom? Or did you tweak it somehow?

Actully stock uboot.bin of official kyros 8024 have to be edited. If your going to use it for 7024 lcd and camera orientation should be change.

LCD value
8024 UT08
7024 UT07
1024 LP101

Orientation for camera must be change to X from Y

For faster cpu im using different boot img for gingerbread.

If anybody is interested ill post the modified uboot.bin of 8024 to work for 7024.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Man thats a really good score. I only get 2000 on coby 7022 :(

Haipad now release new firmware that overclock the cpu upto 1200mhz. My tablet can only go up to 1149.37mhz maybe othe kyros users can reach that 1200mhz..

Pablocr

Jul 3, 2011
Hey flxrms excellent job!
So, how is the rom behaving? soft and hard buttons working? HDMI output and everything?
Would you say that we finally have a "stock" (or at least as close as we can get without coby releasing an official update) recovery image?

And the most important questions of all will you shared your work? :D

Well maybe just another question. did you change the font type on the rom or is that font the default on the new update?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Hey flxrms excellent job!
So, how is the rom behaving? soft and hard buttons working? HDMI output and everything?
Would you say that we finally have a "stock" (or at least as close as we can get without coby releasing an official update) recovery image?

And the most important questions of all will you shared your work? :D

Well maybe just another question. did you change the font type on the rom or is that font the default on the new update?

Hdmi is working including 3g using the official 8024 rom from cobyusa site.

The font, battery with percentage, icons and windows behavior i change using the online kitchen.
The overclock cpu boot img i pulled from the Evo 2.0 gingerbread rom from slateroid im testing yesterday which is really good if you want to try gingerbread. My tablet is really snappy now.

I will share the modified uboot.bin of the official kyros 8024 firmware so it will work with 7024..

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I would love to have that edited uboot.bin =) it'll help me fix my tablet from being bricked.

Whats your tablet? Have you tried the custom firmware i shared?

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I opened u-boot.bin in a hex editor and searched for "lcd="

I found "lcd=ut08gm"
Should I change that to "lcd=ut07gm"?

Note: I read /proc/cmdline from the stock rom on my 7024 (requires root) and it seems to use "lcd=ut7gm" instead.

I saw another boot arg in u-boot.bin, "camrev=y" (camera reverse?)
Do I change that to "camrev=x"? (or maybe camrev=n?)

Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Thanks

Last edited:

elemist2

May 5, 2011
hey steev yes you are right about
changing it to

lcd=ut07gm
and
camrev=x

if you want just the uboot use the one in the stock 7024 rom i made. it is here if you wanna download it
mid7024.rar

i did that and i changed the bootlogo to the 7024 one and i changed the mid8024 to mid7024 and i turned on the 3g settings in the init.smdkv210.rc.
other than that its the stock rom. it worked perfectly on my tablet untill i decided to do the evo mod to overclock but thats another story..lol

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I opened u-boot.bin in a hex editor and searched for "lcd="

I found "lcd=ut08gm"
Should I change that to "lcd=ut07gm"?

Note: I read /proc/cmdline from the stock rom on my 7024 (requires root) and it seems to use "lcd=ut7gm" instead.

I saw another boot arg in u-boot.bin, "camrev=y" (camera reverse?)
Do I change that to "camrev=x"? (or maybe camrev=n?)

Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Thanks

stock uboot.bin of official kyros 8024 can be edited to work with 7024. If your going to use it for 7024 lcd and camera orientation value should be change via hex edit. I have a dmegs of a 1024 tablet and the lcd value is lp101. Im not sure if changing the value at uboot.bin for 1024 will work but if your tablet is brick you might want to try this.

LCD value
8024 UT08
7024 UT07
1024 LP101

Orientation for camera must be change to X from Y

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
hey steev yes you are right about
changing it to

lcd=ut07gm
and
camrev=x

if you want just the uboot use the one in the stock 7024 rom i made. it is here if you wanna download it
mid7024.rar

i did that and i changed the bootlogo to the 7024 one and i changed the mid8024 to mid7024 and i turned on the 3g settings in the init.smdkv210.rc.
other than that its the stock rom. it worked perfectly on my tablet untill i decided to do the evo mod to overclock but thats another story..lol

Thanks

The md5sum of your u-boot.bin matches the one I modified myself, so I guess I did it right :)

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Please note that first bootup the logo is not in the middle..which is correct because its created for 8 inch tablet :) but 2nd loading the Coby logo will now be in the middle.