Coby Kyros 7024 running a modified Official Kyros 8024 firmware :)

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Good Morning guys, im Eduardo from Brazil and im here to share my ROM with you...
First of all, sorry for my bad english... I know it sucks...

I downloaded the flxrms ROM and installed it on my 1024 but it ****ed my tablet, touch didnt worked anymore, all issues you guys already know, etc....
Luckly, theres a recovery at coby usa already... with that recovery file and flxrms rom i made alot of changes at the original firmware and im here to post the results and the file for your evaluation...

The changes i made, and the issues i fixed:
- Cleared the stock instalation, removed all crap files from Coby OFW (The apps on my ROM are: Calculator, Camera, Email, Gallery, Music, Browser, Search and Search Widget, cant remember if there are another apps... will update info later)
- LCD Density changed from 200 to 162 (High Resolution, finally looks like a tablet now!)
- Removed applib and fixed market on stock install
- Fixed Google Calendar, Google Tasks and Google Contacts
- Fixed 3G option (NOT TESTED, this is a function from the flxrms version and i dont have 3g to test it, please update ty)
- Fixed all issues with touch screen and lcd, so this ROM is FULL COMPATIBLE with 1024 devices
- Changed the boot animation to a cool one i found at xda. =D

I think this ROM is safe, i flashed my own device about 30 times today, just to test the features
I think thats all... Thanks to flxrms, who started this job, i think he did some memory optimizing, coz its running really smooth now and i really dont have a clue about advanced android programming... I mean, i just tried to fix my tablet missing functions, like sync with google stuff and i think it will help some people like me...
Enough with the talk, here's the link: CFW-1024 froyo 2.2 ver 1.0.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Like i said, im just a rookie android user, this ROM must be a joke to you guys, but i really hope it helps and i am waiting a real custom ROM to this fantastic device.
Thanks for you all who will test this ROM and who will use it to create another ones, lets make this tablet a nice device guys!

Thanks for sharing :) the utmodules of 7024/8024 is really different from 1024 utmodules thats why when you first used my mod it will not work :)

It is also better if you can repost it here so other users of 1024 can easily see your custom firmware. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-custom-roms-thread-add-your-custom-roms.html

Last edited:

dutorito

Sep 19, 2011
Almost forgot, the install instructions...

Pretty simple: 1. Copy all files to a MicroSD card, i recommend a clean one...
2. Recharge your Coby Kyros 1024
3. After recharge TURN OFF your Coby Kyros 1024
4. Insert the card at the COBY KYROS 1024 MicroSD slot
5. Press the home menu, keep pressing and TURN the tablet ON
6. After that, a recovery menu will appear, then you can release the home button.
7. Wait a few minutes while system works
8. System will shut down, TURN it ON again
9. DONE! Congratz, now you have a nice and clean Android 2.2 build optimized for Coby Kyros 1024!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
is it ok if you can zip the files you edited and upload it? i just want to see what changes you did.

Have you downloaded the files and checked them? Did you see anything anusual that could have caused the brick? Thanks.