Coby Kyros 7042 restarting, Rom problem

Aug 20, 2012
Hello, I installed this ROM (cfw_coby_7042_4.0.3_0.1.img) on my Coby, and now he will not stop rebooting.
I managed to find another ROM but with the other the Touch does not work!
Sorry I'm a bit noob in this matter.
Could someone help me or post me the link to download the ROM Original?
Or a solution to stop it from restarting?
If I'm not mistaken it is the Touch FT5X.
(Sorry if the translation is bad)
Thank you!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
He used a LiveSuite ROM. He most likely did not make a system dump before he started, and therefore he has nothing to go back to. The entire reason I deleted all the links I could find to the LiveSuite ROMs as well as LiveSuite itself is specifically because people were bricking their tablets. Most likely he got this ROM from Slatedroid, which we can do nothing about here.

The OP should not have attempted to do anything to his tablet until he learned a little about the process. He also should have done some research into alternatives (hint hint) before trying anything. Now he essentially has a paperweight since there's no guarantee that the system dumps in the Development Index sticky will actually get him back to stock. Even if one of those system dumps did work, there's no way I can possibly recommend him using ADB and the Windows root utility, since LiveSuite and ADB don't get along well.

Once you use LiveSuite, you're pretty much stuck with it.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
We have better ways of getting the Google apps onto a tablet than using a piece of buggy software that bricks more tablets than it actually works on. As mentioned, I wiped out every link to the ROMs and LiveSuite itself after becoming moderator for this forum.

You can try downloading one of the stock ROM dumps in the sticky threads atop Generation 3 Development and follow the instructions linked within those sticky threads to get your tablet back to stock. After that, you are on your own. You can attempt to use the Windows root utility and install ClockworkMod recovery, and from there install the Google apps, but be aware that the possibility of completely bricking your tablet is greater now than before you used LiveSuite.

A slightly safer alternative, if your 7042 survives having ClockworkMod installed, is to install the Mobiz ROM for your tablet. Not only will it have the base Google apps installed, there are a couple nice features added to the ROM, such as on screen volume controls in the task bar.