COBY KYROS 7048-4 Can´t enable wifi

May 1, 2011
Hi all, this is the first time I ask for help in this forum and I really hope to find. Only 3 days ago I bought my 7048 tablet and now I can not get turn on wifi, I feel it was an event sucecion and no longer know how to do, I tell them:

Just turned it on, I did root and started to customize, games, nintendo emulators, all good, the wifi perfectly functional. Intale an application called something like Pimp my Build, and after making several changes, restart. After the tablet remained in the word ANDROID, so I did a factory reset, but the situation did not change, I started to look for ways to restore it and get to 7048_system_restore and 7048_dump, both manage to make the tablet starts, but any case I can use the wifi just does not start, no MAC address, you can not move the switch from off.

The way it was and now I ask your help, really this is my first computer and do not want to lose it by mistake.

I appreciate your help.

PS: My English is not very good, so to avoid as many mistakes, I used the google translator. I put the text in Spanish too.

---------------

Hola a todos, es la primera vez que pido ayuda en este foro y de verdad espero poder encontrarla. Hace solo 3 dias que compre mi tableta 7048 y ahora no puedo lograr encender el wifi, siento que fue una sucecion de eventos y ya no se como hacer, les cuento:

Apenas lo encendi, lo hice root y empece a personalizar, juegos, emuladores de nintendo, todo bien, el wifi perfectamente funcional. Intale una aplicacion llamada algo asi como Pimp my Build, y despues de hacer varios cambios, reinicie. Despues la tableta se quedo en la palabra ANDROID, asi que hice un factory reset, sin embargo la situacion no cambio, empece a buscar la manera de restaurarlo y llegue al 7048_system_restore y el 7048_dump, ambos logran hacer que se inicie la tableta, pero en ningun caso puedo usar el wifi, simplemente no se inicia, no MAC address, no es posible mover el switch desde off.

Asi fue como sucedio y ahora les pido su ayuda, de verdad este es mi primer equipo y no quiero perderlo por un error.

Les agradezco su ayuda.

May 1, 2011
Pls i need some help, i dont know if the problem could be the wifi firmware, i try the stock roms and dump on the forum but wifi still not work. if some one could bring me a fresh, clean, complete (system,boot,recovery and any other partition) stock (or working) dump of a 7048-4 i can try to deal with the problem. I also read something about compiling the wlan module and drivers but ill leave that as a last try.

May 1, 2011
Well... im working hard trying to fix my tablet... if some one want to know, the wifi board is a Realtek RTL8192CU, it uses the usb interface. This link provide the software for linux and android
Realtek
simply search the model

May 1, 2011
some one understand that? i see it on dmesg

<4>[ 87.095823] +rtw_drv_halt
<4>[ 87.095868] ##########rtw_suspend_lock_uninit###########
<6>[ 87.095906] usbcore: deregistering interface driver rtl8192cu
<4>[ 87.100499] -rtw_drv_halt

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
are you using custom recovery? wipe data and cache then install 7048_system_restore, after install reboot.

adb shell

logcat > /sdcard/logcat.text

on desktop turn on wifi, if no wifi unplug tablet upload logcat.text.

May 1, 2011
hahahahaha step by step

1- root
2- tweaks with pimp my rom -->bootloop
3- factory reset -->still bootloop
4- flash 7048_system_recovery -->wifi dont work
5- (crazy) flash stock_8048_root_gapps_signed.zip -->still not work wifi
6- fastboot erase system, cache and userdata, then flash 7048_dump images
7- Today, erase data, cache, install 7048_system_restore -->logcat posted

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
hahahahaha step by step

1- root
2- tweaks with pimp my rom -->bootloop
3- factory reset -->still bootloop
4- flash 7048_system_recovery -->wifi dont work
5- (crazy) flash stock_8048_root_gapps_signed.zip -->still not work wifi
6- fastboot erase system, cache and userdata, then flash 7048_dump images
7- Today, erase data, cache, install 7048_system_restore -->logcat posted

what is tweaks with pimp my rom? link to app.

you have modified kernel you needs to restore stock 7048 plus kernel.

May 1, 2011
cant find the kernel for the 7048, some clue where i can get it? i ask to coby tech sup for a rom, patch or update, they simply told me "send your tablet to coby, warranted only on usa " :(

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
cant find the kernel for the 7048, some clue where i can get it? i ask to coby tech sup for a rom, patch or update, they simply told me "send your tablet to coby, warranted only on usa " :(

You would need to get someone to upload their kernel. or look though the dumps that have been uploaded and see if someone uploaded one.