Coby kyros 7127 or 7022

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
If the 7127 has the same insides as the 7022, could we use the 7127 rom and kernel on the 7122? It sounds like it may have some improvements as it allows for five touchpoints. The 7122 can do only two. It might have some other improvements, or bugs fixed.

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Do you use the same technique to get flash and market on the 7127 as you do for the 7022? It isn't needed to Root this device to do so though right? (talking about the 7127) Is there a post on how to do this somewhere? Will daprospector's method work? I have seen this video on youtube:

So is this all there is to it? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Do you use the same technique to get flash and market on the 7127 as you do for the 7022? It isn't needed to Root this device to do so though right? (talking about the 7127) Is there a post on how to do this somewhere? Will daprospector's method work? I have seen this video on youtube:

So is this all there is to it? Thanks in advance!

Yes it will work. Here is the latest ics market

http://db.tt/IZH2ui1R

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks nba1341! I am glad to hear that it's that easy. :D Now to get the tablet and do it for hubby. ;)

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
Hmmmm. Aren't there any bigger differences than the speakers and buttons? That doesn't seem enough to justify having two different models. Usually when there are different products, the company is trying to market to different user groups. Can't see where that would be the case here at only approximately $20 difference and otherwise identical specs.
Got my 7022 for $160 at Toys r Us bout two weeks ago.
I never even look at the buttons (with one on the front and one on the edge it's really not that tuff) and I don't care about sound quality so I guess I picked the right one of the two.
Sure there isn't bigger internal memory or SOMETHING on the 7127?

That's it, basically. The 7127 has a button for volume and power, and soft-touch keys for the rest (home/return/menu). The Android implementation has changed slightly (calibrate is gone), and the 7127 is thicker. The camera has been moved to the center of the device, and the SD card has been move to the top of the side. I had the 7022, but had to return it because of a problem (didn't show the mnt folder) and I thought I would prefer the soft touch buttons (I do) so I can tell you that either one is a great choice, it just depends on how you prefer the layout.

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
That's it, basically. The 7127 has a button for volume and power, and soft-touch keys for the rest (home/return/menu). The Android implementation has changed slightly (calibrate is gone), and the 7127 is thicker. The camera has been moved to the center of the device, and the SD card has been move to the top of the side. I had the 7022, but had to return it because of a problem (didn't show the mnt folder) and I thought I would prefer the soft touch buttons (I do) so I can tell you that either one is a great choice, it just depends on how you prefer the layout.

That's what I like...nice and clear description. Thank you smalcom!

NewTabUser

Nov 22, 2011
I am seriously considering buying a 7127 for my wife ($174.95 plus ship from Amazon right now), but she'd kill me if it didn't run Angry Birds, heh. Thus, I am assuming I have to do one of these fixes (or root it?), that allows me to d/l from Android Market or Amazon (or can I d/l Amazon apps without any fixes?).
Also, I'm totally new to tablets and it scares me that I think I read somewhere that it takes "hours" to root??

Any helpful feedback is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
No need to root to install any Market app, official or Amazon's. App store from Amazon is straigth forward, simply download and install. You can install others too like GetJar (probably built-in in 7127 and newer) and SlideMe, for instance.

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
I am seriously considering buying a 7127 for my wife ($174.95 plus ship from Amazon right now), but she'd kill me if it didn't run Angry Birds, heh. Thus, I am assuming I have to do one of these fixes (or root it?), that allows me to d/l from Android Market or Amazon (or can I d/l Amazon apps without any fixes?).
Also, I'm totally new to tablets and it scares me that I think I read somewhere that it takes "hours" to root??

Thanks in advance.

Search in this forum (oops, just go back a few posts in this one) for the instructions to download the apps file needed and to install the Android Market (very easy). You can also download Amazon Apps Market (check on the Amazon site). Both of them have Angry Birds. Not necessary to root the tablet. Angry Birds is really great on a tablet (as opposed to a smartphone). Your wife will never have a headache again if you get it for her, LOL.

Last edited:

NewTabUser

Nov 22, 2011
Ifom & Smalcom, thanks for clarifying that I don't need to root in order to d/l from Android Market & Amazon. Hmmm, so now my next question is... what other universe of apps can you access after rooting?

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I think Coby has gotten their units beyond having to root them now for the markets. I got all the mentioned ones on my 7122 without rooting, and it was no big deal whatsoever. And Angry Birds is great on the tablet!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Ifom & Smalcom, thanks for clarifying that I don't need to root in order to d/l from Android Market & Amazon. Hmmm, so now my next question is... what other universe of apps can you access after rooting?

Any app that need access to the system files, for example, to change LCD density or install a graphics driver like ChainFire3D or change system files. For a normal user, it's not needed: all applications and games run without root.

goff1222

Nov 25, 2011
Hi I just purchased a CobyMID7022 and I want to skype on it however, the google android market will not install, can someone please give step by step directions on how to download and install the google android market to my CobyMID7022 so that I may skype. Thanks in advance for your help!

goff1222

Nov 25, 2011
Are you speaking of the video from youtube? Those links do not work unless I am not typing something right. Were you able to download the market and it run successful?