Coby Kyros 7127 Root

constomy

Nov 29, 2011
So everyone is saying that the kyros 7127 is the same as the 7022. But when I did the update.zip to install clockwork recovery and superuser, it says installation aborted. Anyone know of a way to root the 7127? I appreciate the help!

Tom Constantineau

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
No, it's not the same, they are similar (same CPU and Android OS). Some procedures will work, while others won't. Things that are deeply related to the hardware, like using a update.zip file (it checks the hardware fingerprint) probably won't work. If you wanna root, make sure your computer recognizes the tabled in Debug mode (you may need Android SDK or PDA.net drivers on Windowze) and use latest SuperOneClick, it should work as it does with 7022. You may need to edit the driver files to work with 7127 tho, see the tutorial elsewhere.

Last edited:

constomy

Nov 29, 2011
No, it's not the same, they are similar (same CPU and Android OS). Some procedures will work, while others won't. Things that are deeply related to the hardware, like using a update.zip file (it checks the hardware fingerprint) probably won't work. If you wanna root, make sure your computer recognizes the tabled in Debug mode (you may need Android SDK or PSD.net drivers on Windowze) and use latest SuperOneClick, it should work as it does with 7022. You may need to edit the driver files to work with 7127 tho, see the tutorial elsewhere.

Dude, Thank you so much.... Superoneclick did it first time... Can't thank you enough!

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Glad you got it rooted constomy! How are you liking the device so far? How is its battery life working out and do you like the screen?

mamondon

Dec 28, 2011
No, it's not the same, they are similar (same CPU and Android OS). Some procedures will work, while others won't. Things that are deeply related to the hardware, like using a update.zip file (it checks the hardware fingerprint) probably won't work. If you wanna root, make sure your computer recognizes the tabled in Debug mode (you may need Android SDK or PDA.net drivers on Windowze) and use latest SuperOneClick, it should work as it does with 7022. You may need to edit the driver files to work with 7127 tho, see the tutorial elsewhere.

I just got SuperOneClick to work for me by updating the device driver: Android Composite ADB Interface. After connecting the 7127 to my laptop, I just went to the Device Drivers on my Control Panel, saw that there was an error on the Android device, asked it to find a driver from the internet. It found it and it was successfully installed. Then I went back to the latest SuperOneClick application file and installed it per KWA's video.

Last edited:

lasmalls

Dec 30, 2011
I am having the same issues. Everything seems to download ok buT when i go to open it -- states --- nothing is there. ??? I have wasted hours on this. What do I need to do? My PC is running windows Vista and cannot even find a device driver for the 7127?