Coby Kyros 8048 Dump

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You tripped the nand lock on the tablet, and that's why the internal storage won't mount. ClockworkMod requires the internal storage to be functional, which is why it isn't working properly.

Your tablet is permanently damaged. As mentioned in post 23 by me, once the lock is tripped, there's no way to restore the internal storage.

cobo

Oct 16, 2014
You need a dump, without that nothing can be done. You can use fake recovery to backup a working 8048, then put that sdcard in this one and restore the backup.
Could you please give a detailed description of using your fake recovery to make a backup?

Would using your fake recovery trip the nandlock on a tablet that has nandlock?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Could you please give a detailed description of using your fake recovery to make a backup?

Would using your fake recovery trip the nandlock on a tablet that has nandlock?
No, I won't write a step by step, the recovery works the same as any other cwm recovery.
This recovery will not trip nand lock, however using this recovery and installing a modified rom, recovery.img or boot.img will.
It's safe to use this recovery to restore stock, repeat stock files on a nand lock tablet, for non nand lock tablets it's safe to install custom files.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk

marlboro

Nov 19, 2014
OK, uploading now.

ro.build.date=Fri Nov 9 08:59:53 CST 2012

You need to put both zips on your sdcard and flash one after the other.

In CWM Recovery

Format

/cache
/data
/system

Flash 8048_stock_signed.zip

then as soon as rom is installed

Flash 8048_boot_signed.zip

Then reboot.

Download below

Stock Rom
8048_stock_signed

Stock Boot.img
8048_boot_signed

thank you for this my tablet now working except wifi you have an idea to fix wifi please help me

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
thank you for this my tablet now working except wifi you have an idea to fix wifi please help me
You would need to pull the WiFi files from your tablet's dump, or a dump from a tablet that has the exact same files.
Coby used different hardware on same model tablets, So they ended up with three or more tablets with different internal parts. but name, model and appearance of all are the same.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
anyone have other link for dump file because LordBaal link not working please guys
i need help tablet 8048 useless if no wifi
You would need files other than from Lordbaa as his files don't allow WiFi for you.

Perhaps the rom I uploaded has the same WiFi files as yours, it may not, you won't know til you try.

Last edited:

cobo

Oct 16, 2014
No, I won't write a step by step, the recovery works the same as any other cwm recovery.
This recovery will not trip nand lock, however using this recovery and installing a modified rom, recovery.img or boot.img will.
It's safe to use this recovery to restore stock, repeat stock files on a nand lock tablet, for non nand lock tablets it's safe to install custom files.

So, I've made a dump of my tablet after using "SRS Root" to root it and the Stericson busybox installer v21 to install busybox. So some filles are added and some are changed in the system folder. Could I use your fake recovery to restore the system folder or system.img without tripping the nand lock?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
So, I've made a dump of my tablet after using "SRS Root" to root it and the Stericson busybox installer v21 to install busybox. So some filles are added and some are changed in the system folder. Could I use your fake recovery to restore the system folder or system.img without tripping the nand lock?
The recovery will restore the backups it makes, the recovery doesn't restore dumps.

cobo

Oct 16, 2014
OK. Thanks.

So, if I make a backup with your fake recovery, do I need to remove superuser, busybox and other apps that weren't originally on the tablet before making the backup in order to avoid tripping the nand lock if I use the backup to restore the tablet?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
OK. Thanks.

So, if I make a backup with your fake recovery, do I need to remove superuser, busybox and other apps that weren't originally on the tablet before making the backup in order to avoid tripping the nand lock if I use the backup to restore the tablet?
No, those files won't matter.

cobo

Oct 16, 2014
Thanks again.

Would you know if I can use flash_image to replace only the system.img without tripping the nand lock? Many of the files in the files in the /system/bin folder have been rendered inoperable after installing and uninstalling various versions of stericson's busybox plus factory resets and I need to repair that before making a useful backup.