Coby kyros 8127 rooted?how?

ndr3

Dec 28, 2011
Hi, i buy a coby kyros 8127 and i like to know how i rooted my tablet,and I liked to know if he compensates and that benefits I start to have my tablet rooted or not?

Please sorry for my english i'am portuguese!

Thank you for your help.

Classicmm

Dec 23, 2011
If your happy with the way your Kyros is running now, then don't root. If you want more control over your tablet and like customizing the tablet to "your" likings, then by all means root.

This is what I used:
shortfuse.org

Just be sure to read up! Have fun

ndr3

Dec 28, 2011
But what's difference if i don't root my tablet? i don't know what i can do with a rooted tablet, sorry :S you can explain me?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Root is needed to modify system files, so unless you want to hack your tablet or install some apps that require rooting (mostly system utilities, like screenshot apps, ROM tools, etc, nothing related to daily use) it's not needed.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
just look for apps that u want on your tablet. well if the apps need root access then u need to root. but if u just want to watch movies and play games. i guess u dont need to root at all.
but there are a lot of things that can u do with a rooted tablet.just try to read and read, from that u can learn a lot. one apps that i really loved is the link2sd, it needs root access, because of this apps i expand my existing memory and link my apps to external microsd.

ndr3

Dec 28, 2011
Sorry for my doubts about this! If i root my 8127 i can be with 3g in tablet? thank you all

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Sorry for my doubts about this! If i root my 8127 i can be with 3g in tablet? thank you all

Probably not, usually Telechips based tablets like 8127 don't have built-in support for 3G dongles even when modifying system files. Your only chances are a custom ROM (haven't heard of any yet) with support to 3G modems or using an external portable 3G rooter (it will share 3G via WiFi).

BOOSTED_TA

Jan 10, 2012
So are there any roms specific for the 8127? I have been searching for roms high and low for this tablet with no luck. I don't care about 3G because I use my phone for a modem when not at WIFI.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
So are there any roms specific for the 8127? I have been searching for roms high and low for this tablet with no luck. I don't care about 3G because I use my phone for a modem when not at WIFI.

Probably not, i haven't seen any rom specifically for any Coby tablet model.