Coby Kyros 9740 Not Booting

DavidRam

Jul 15, 2013
Hello everyone!

I have a Coby Kyros 9740. It's just no working. When I power on coby logo appears and then the word "Android" and nothing else. It's stuck there.

I red a lot about that but I don't know exactly what I should do.

I'm a tech computer but this makes me crazy!

Thanks!!!

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hi, David.

Welcome to the Forum.

Besides turning the power on and off, which is a soft reset, have you tried a factory or hard reset?

Ed

DavidRam

Jul 15, 2013
Hi, David.

Welcome to the Forum.

Besides turning the power on and off, which is a soft reset, have you tried a factory or hard reset?

Ed

Yes, I tried a hard reset but it did not work. I can't get into the factory reset menu. I tried with Vol - and then Power On....etc...different combinations!

Can I install the original rom o a custom rom? And if it's possible, how can I do it?

Thanks!!!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Installing an original ROM won't do you any good because Coby doesn't provide images of their stock ROMs. Now, we need to know if you are rooted, and what you did to get you to this point.

DavidRam

Jul 15, 2013
Hi Traveller1701!

Look to be honest the tablet is not mine. I think is not rooted. The owner knows nothing about root o tablets.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Press and hold power then press and hold volume down after the word Coby release power keep holding volume down. Should get you into recovery unless the tablet has been modified, in that case you would have to leave it powered off for a while before trying to get into recovery, make sure nothing is plugged into tablet while trying to boot into recovery.

DavidRam

Jul 15, 2013
Definitely I can't do nothing! I try and try and nothing happens!

So...

Recovery Menu: It's no possible.
Is it rooted? : I'm no sure.

Anithing else? :(

What can I try if the tablet is rooted?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
If tablet is rooted and usb debugging is turned on you can use adb to factory reset and force tablet into recovery. I can't explain how to set up adb to windows users, I don't use windows. I work on tablets all the time, the owner did something to this tablet to cause this bootloop most likely tablet will need to be returned to Coby.

DavidRam

Jul 15, 2013
If tablet is rooted and usb debugging is turned on you can use adb to factory reset and force tablet into recovery. I can't explain how to set up adb to windows users, I don't use windows. I work on tablets all the time, the owner did something to this tablet to cause this bootloop most likely tablet will need to be returned to Coby.
vampirefo ... I already installed the drivers adb. If I go to MI PC, I can see two disc from the tablet (E: and F: ), but there is nothing. And the tablet has not got a minisd card.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You need to open terminal window

type

adb devices

you should see something like below

Code:
List of devices attached 
464119de1212148	device

if you have a listed device similar to above then do below commands.

adb shell

su

echo -n boot-recovery | busybox dd of=/dev/block/nandf count=1 conv=sync; sync; reboot

will boot you into recovery

only if you have adb setup, usb debugging on, and tablet is rooted.

Last edited:

DavidRam

Jul 15, 2013
$Nueva imagen.jpg

Ok, I think it's not rooted or maybe I'm typing wrong.

DavidRam

Jul 15, 2013
Wooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww it's working! Thanks so much vampirefo and all the users!

I rooted the tablet with this instrucción http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ead-first-development-index-root-utility.html

Then I opened a terminal windows and wrote:

adb shell

su

echo -n boot-recovery | busybox dd of=/dev/block/nandf count=1 conv=sync; sync; reboot

After that Android logo appeared and a pressed "back" (Bottom). So recovery mode was running. Then I just did the recovery factory and done! My tablet is working!

I have questions: Is still my tablet rooted? I mean, after recovery.

Can I install Google Apps (Plays store, gmail, etc ) ? Remember, it's a MID9740.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!