Coby Kyros Calendar Problems

Jason1

Mar 2, 2011
I'm looking for a calendar app for my Coby Kyros that will sync with Google online calendars. I have NOT rooted my tablet... frankly I don't know how and don't want to kill the device. Anyone have any suggestions?

Someone suggested Snapcal. I can only find it on the marketplace which...of course I don't have access too...

Last edited by a moderator:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
rooting and installing the google experience won't kill your device if you follow the instructions carefully. I've bootlooped mine so many times now that I've lost count. I don't think there's much you could do to your tablet that we couldn't help you recover from.

if you need a 3rd party market, try slideme.. it seems to be rather popular. i would suggest appbrain, but it uses the official market. you could also try http://market.android.com

Jason1

Mar 2, 2011
Thanks for that... Still nothing on slideme. Just curious, i've found a bunch of instruction sets on how to root these things. Do you recommend one in particular? All I really want is to be able to use my Google calendar both online and offline, and right now, the Kyros has NO calendar of any kind, let alone the stock Android calendar. Any help would be appreciated!

Jason1

Mar 2, 2011
Hey forgot to say thanks a bunch. It worked like a charm and everything is working great... Next task: Wondering if there's a way to use an external GPS on this tablet... can you just plug an antenna into the usb port? Again, your help is greatly appreciated!