Coby Kyros MID 1042 tablet, How to get CWM and GooglePlayStore installed?

pickett37

Mar 12, 2013
I think this is the correct forum category to post this......

Hello,
I'm a newbie to all this Android stuff. Just got this Coby Kyros MID 1042 tablet and it doesn't have Google Play Store.
I finally was, with much effort, able to root this tablet using "Unlock Root" tried "SuperOneClick" but it failed. Next I'm trying to install ClockWorkMod and can't find a way to do it. When I access "ROM Manager" I try to "Flash" ClockWorkMod as my Recovery Setup and it doesn't show my device. It says ClockWorkMod has no Recovery Setup currently for my device. I'd really like to be able to have this installed and working. I've also successfully installed drivers on my computer for my device and installed JDK and SDK, which I know nothing about other than they allow communication between my PC and Tablet, and they appear to be working correctly. Am totally ignorant about how to use these programs. I also was able to install "update.zip". Don't know what difference that made though. Can't tell if anything changed after installing it. Don't even know what it's supposed to do or add.
So, there you are. What can I do now? Steve

The above is the original post I placed in the wrong forum. Traveller1701 replied and said I should uninstall "ROM Manager" since it is useless on my Generation 3 device. I will uninstall ROM Manager as soon as I am able to resume working on this tablet. But, what steps should I take to get CWM installed and then how do I get Google Play Store installed?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Moved to Coby Generation 3 as this is not a development question.

All the information you need to properly root your tablet and install the Play Store will be found in the sticky posts in Generation 3 Development.