Coby Kyros MiD 7012 Help Please.

Zelos

Dec 25, 2011
I've Just gotten my android coby Kyros 7012 for Christmas, But I can't seem to get the Wifi to work on MY wireless router, everything else works but the tablet.

I've seen alot of threads for some of those problems but with different tabs.

I've Tried.
-Reseting router
-Unpluging for 30 secs
-& re-entering passwords for the tab.

Possible Solutions

-Some1 stated in a thread that you should remove other wireless connections so I could connect properly.

PLEASE HELP!
​

d_wallace2

Dec 25, 2011
You need to type in the password for your wireless router. Hopefully you have jotted it down somewhere.

JustmeSDC

Dec 27, 2011
I've Just gotten my android coby Kyros 7012 for Christmas, But I can't seem to get the Wifi to work on MY wireless router, everything else works but the tablet.

I've seen alot of threads for some of those problems but with different tabs.

I've Tried.
-Reseting router
-Unpluging for 30 secs
-& re-entering passwords for the tab.

Possible Solutions

-Some1 stated in a thread that you should remove other wireless connections so I could connect properly.

PLEASE HELP!
​

Hello, have you sloved this issue? How many devices do you have already connected to your router? I was told you can only have 4. Also I had to turn on "View Password" just until I had entered it making sure I had it correct. Then I turned it off. Just a couple things to look at

JustmeSDC

Dec 27, 2011
I purchased a MicroSD memory card for my MID7012. I have placed it in the tablet but can not transfer files to it. I thought it would be as simple as point and click but that have not been the case. Can someone help me with this?

old_guy44

Dec 17, 2011
Have you gone to SETTINGS=>WIRELESS & NETWORKS=>WIFI SETTINGS on your Kyros and seen your network listed? You should see a number of local networks. If you cannot see yours listed, it may be that the SSID (network identifier) is not broadcast by the router. This is an internal router setting. If that is the case you need to fill in the unlisted network name on the Kyros to continue. As I recall, network names may be case sensitive. If you CAN see your network name than it is broadcast (make sure you scroll down), select it and you will be presented with required information. Usually this is the type of encryption and password your router is set up with. This stuff you need to get correct to get things to work. You may need to log on to the router to get the info correct. If you don't know how to get in to the router setup, find someone who does or search the web for info on your model router.

old_guy44

Dec 17, 2011
You can do this in two basic ways. First, you can always remove the microSD card and place it in a card reader directly connected to the computer. Or, connect up the supplied short USB cable to the Kyros and then to any USB port on your computer (you can use an extension USB cord if necessary). The tablet will "see" the computer connection and shortly the microSD card will show up as one or more drives on the computers file manager. Either way, files may be transferred the same as moving any files between drives or folders in your file manager. Follow the instructions for disconnecting the USB connection.