Coby Kyros Mid 7016 (mid 7016-4g, etc.) Google apps, rooting news, etc.

frankdick

Aug 2, 2011
The kyros 7016 is the next version of 7015. comes with android 2.3.3 but can't play flash?? (really???) But, Its a nice tablet, hundred and fifty bucks. And of course it doesn't come with google market. I guessed the factory was spittin the 7024 and the 7016 out about the same time. So, I used this to get google market to work: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum.../13565-android-market-7024-a-6.html#post92851 (it sounds stupid... but make sure you already have a google market account setup)

I did NOT root, or even try. I don't think that genius hacker has hopped onto the 7016 yet. Please do though! I think this sucker is helluh o'clockable. Please add new info about the 7016 if you have anything to hack up ;) peace

Last edited:

danilo

Aug 5, 2011
After days trying to find a way to root the Coby Kyros 7016, I've finally found a way to install the market!
Neither z4root nor gingerbreak worked with it. I don't think there's a way to root it, at least not now.
But you can install the market (which I guess is the main objective, at least mine was) in a very simple way.
Download the file using the following link Market.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download.
Put them into your tablet.
Open APK Installer and install all of them in this order: OneTimeInitializer.apk, SetupWizard.apk, GoogleServicesFramework.apk and Vending.apk.
Turn your tablet off and turn it on again.
A window saying "Complete action using" will appear, mark "Use by default" and choose the "Launcher".
I hope it helps! :)

PS: I've heard it works also on the MID7020.

freon

Aug 8, 2011
Danilo, thank you so much for posting how to get the Android Market on there! Worked great and suddenly I stopped caring about not being able to root yet. Got plenty of time to download a ton more apps now. Cheers!

coyle1010

Aug 18, 2011
If anyone knows or has tried this on the mid8024 shot me a response if not all i want is the market any advice

eddymir

Oct 2, 2011
i need help i tray to instal this app on my kyros but think i didnt weel now my kyros never go to home screem

alyssagrahamm

Oct 11, 2011
The kyros 7016 is the next version of 7015. comes with android 2.3.3 but can't play flash?? (really???) But, Its a nice tablet, hundred and fifty bucks. And of course it doesn't come with google market. I guessed the factory was spittin the 7024 and the 7016 out about the same time. So, I used this to get google market to work: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum.../13565-android-market-7024-a-6.html#post92851 (it sounds stupid... but make sure you already have a google market account setup)

I did NOT root, or even try. I don't think that genius hacker has hopped onto the 7016 yet. Please do though! I think this sucker is helluh o'clockable. Please add new info about the 7016 if you have anything to hack up ;) peace

I tried doing this... I got all the apks on, then tried using the APK installer and one of the apk's kept saying - done ! apk not installed...

something along those lines.. so I havent gotten it to work. and without google market place, this tablet's app's blow.
I would try the other suggestion but I dont have winzip on my computer so I cant unzip that download

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Sorry to bump an old thread, just curious, does this model do Angry birds and Plants vs Zombies? And how is the HDMI out? Is it good enough to use on a HDTV? It does have 2.3 I think, I see it on JR.com for $109

JR.com: MID7016 Kyros Internet 7" Touchscreen Tablet in Portable Tablet PCs Thinking this might be the Coby for us, MAYBE, not sure, but you can get angry birds free off Amazon's app market, so I am wondering about it. It's either this one or the more expensive Coby 7127 4g.

retired

Nov 29, 2011
I've loaded Angry Birds and played it on mine. The HDMI works on both my Vizio 32 and 42 LCD tv's. I watch netflix through it. You have to go into settings->display and turn on HDMI but after that it automatically switches over just by plugging in the cable. You can purchase an hdmi to hdmi mini-C for less than $5.

seforeman

Dec 14, 2011
I got the Android Market to load but every time I search it returns back that there has been a network error - does any one have any ideas?

I also tried the HDMI on an LG 42 TV. Worked great - no issues.

Stu

ngnr_Frank

Dec 26, 2011
After days trying to find a way to root the Coby Kyros 7016, I've finally found a way to install the market!
Neither z4root nor gingerbreak worked with it. I don't think there's a way to root it, at least not now.
But you can install the market (which I guess is the main objective, at least mine was) in a very simple way.
Download the file using the following link Market.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download.
Put them into your tablet.
Open APK Installer and install all of them in this order: OneTimeInitializer.apk, SetupWizard.apk, GoogleServicesFramework.apk and Vending.apk.
Turn your tablet off and turn it on again.
A window saying "Complete action using" will appear, mark "Use by default" and choose the "Launcher".
I hope it helps! :)

PS: I've heard it works also on the MID7020.

Great! I've installed Android Market on my Mpman Internet Tablet MP720 (Coby Kyros MID-7020 replica) with your instructions, work fine!
But it isn't last version of Market.
Thank you!

Last edited: