Coby Kyros MID-7035-4 Root Instructions

zekeS

Dec 25, 2012
wouldnt happen to have updated zip for this i got this tablet but when i try this it still is not rooted get error adb is unrecognized command.

thevolget

Dec 17, 2012
I used Root explorer to copy some google apps to the system/app dir, then the tablet froze, so I hit the reset button on the back, rebooted it and its stuck on an endless Coby logo, restarts itself, then get stuck on Coby again.

I cant find out how to enter the recovery menu, Holding Home + vol up and power just starts it up normally

Holding vol down and pressing power turns the tablet into a mass storage device with 512mb of space ( i think it mounted the ram heh)

holding vol up, then putting in the usb cable, and pressing power 5-10 times does absolutely nothing.

holding the round button on the front, and holding vol up, then pressing and holding power for 30 seconds doesn't do anything either.

Do you know how to enter it?
To enter the recovery mode it's Power on then Power + Volume -

The only thing is, in the stock recovery, there's no way to get ADB working (thanks to COBY's poor choice of making USB debugging not stay on when the device is rebooted). I don't know about doing anything from the update from SD card as on my tablet it seemed that the update needed to be signed by COBY to get it to pass. And since you've installed the files to the /system/apps directory, doing a wipe of the /data and /cache partitions will not help.

You're screwed as I've come to find out (same thing happened with my MID-7033-4). Best bet is to contact COBY and get the device repaired under the warranty, just don't mention rooting when you talk to whomever on the phone, they will tell you that you've voided the warranty and refuse to help.

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
'To root your device, simply run the Root.bat, after your device restarts each time, you will (I had to) need to re-enable USB Debugging'

I couldn't open Root.bat, it said 'it couldn't be parsed'.

Last edited: