Coby Kyros MID 8125 wifi signal

sebasocampo

Nov 16, 2011
Hi, I just bought the 8125 and it will only find the wireless networks when I am less than 2 or 3 feet away from the router. I have tried in 2 different places with different routers.

Anyone knows if it is possible to fix this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Even if you hold the tablet in portrait mode or use a stand? In MID1024 the wifi antenna is right where you hold the tablet in landscape mode, if you hold in portrait or use a stand the signal gets better. But even in portrait 2-3 feet from router is too litle, I'd say you got a defective device. If it's just the antena you may be able to fix it if you open the tablet up.

sebasocampo

Nov 16, 2011
Thank you. Same problem regardless of the position of the tablet.

I gues it is defective. I will probably turn it back.

Thank you very much for your help.

xtremeculture

Nov 30, 2011
I had this problem with my 8125 (2.3.3) At first I believe it was a problem with Wifi antena overheating. Untill put install the keepWifi and didn't solve the problem completely. Wifi still unreliable... then I install a Wifi widget (Wifi toogle widget) to be able to activate it from the desktop. Then I put the tablet in airplane mode, in notification bar appears the airplane logo. Then went to keepWifi and enable it. Then I activate the wifi trough the widget in the desktop., the Wifi logo appears together with the airplane logo in the notification bar. The Wifihave work flawlessly all day. Like this...

Appears that this kyros tablet believe to have a cellular antena... whn the wifi get weaks it tries to change to the none existant antena. With the airplane mode you cancel this software function, keepWifi redirect the software to the Wifi antena that is ON trough the widge bypass. Hope this help someone out there. It work for me.
Apps been search the apk trough the web and/or at androvation.com

Also a great upgrade is to install the GO launcher.

Slowflyer

Jan 11, 2012
Folks,

Talked to Coby again yesterday 1-24-2012 and they still do not have a fix for this problem(wifi 8125). They keep telling me to take the unit back and see if the next one does the same thing. Well if you do some of the other things that are on here you can get the unit to work ok. It is a good unit besides this problem.