Coby Kyros MID1045 Crashed, Now Apps Don't Work

Kbtopdog

Oct 6, 2013
Hello guys noob here, I owned a coby 1045 for less than a year, december makes a year. and its now acting up. The tablet crashed two or three times where everything erased and I had to redownload everything but this time I cant open any of the factory apps and all my downloaded apps erased except dolphin browsewr. Trying to open any apps I get an error not responding msg for everything. Tried system reset,erase,reboot, but seems unresponsive. Help what should I do or can I do. Can any of dumps or [COLOR=#698803 !important][COLOR=#698803 !important]recoverys[/COLOR][/COLOR] on this thread help me, is there a way to manually rid everything and start over from scratch i dont think its bricked since it turns on, I can access the settings and I can get into safe mode. Can anyone tell me what to do step by step, Im even willing to root if it will help. Oh yeah btw shipping it back to coby is out of the question heard they sold the company and sending it to them under warranty is as good as throwing it away.

Kbtopdog

Oct 6, 2013
Boot into recovery and factory reset.

And exactly how would I do that on this tablet? The only thing I noticed I was able to do was get into safe mode. I tried all the different reset options in the settings tab and it doesnt do anything.

Kbtopdog

Oct 6, 2013
bump....can anyone walk me through the steps to Boot into recovery and factory reset on the mid1045-8

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
bump....can anyone walk me through the steps to Boot into recovery and factory reset on the mid1045-8

Turn off tablet. press and hold volume up. While holding volume up, press and hold power til you see Coby, then release.

Once in recovery, use vol+ and vol- buttons to navigate. use power to execute.

Last edited:

Kbtopdog

Oct 6, 2013
Turn off tablet. press and hold volume up. While holding volume up, press and hold power til you see Coby, then release.

Once in recovery, use vol+ and vol- buttons to navigate. use power to execute.

Is this for Coby mid1045,because its not working for me. Is there a way to do it by connecting to a computer?

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Don't have a 1045, you might try vol- and power. If there is a back button, include it. Anyway, vampirefo posted this method:

adb shell

su

rm -r /data/*
rm -r /cache/*

reboot

Last edited:

Kbtopdog

Oct 6, 2013
Don't have a 1045, you might try vol- and power. If there is a back button, include it. Anyway, vampirefo posted this method:

adb shell

su

rm -r /data/*
rm -r /cache/*

reboot

You could also try adb reboot recovery

dont know what your telling me, not a developer or programmer, just a novice trying to fix my tablet with some step by step instructions. For example what do i need to dload and then what do i need to do

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Go to this thread:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ead-first-development-index-root-utility.html

You will find everything you need there. But you never answered the question if you have a physical back button. Powering up to recovery is pretty basic. I had trouble performing it myself the first time, so my recommendation is give a bit more effort. The other way is gonna take a lot more time and effort.

If you can get to settings, go to backup and reset/ factory data reset.

Last edited:

Kbtopdog

Oct 6, 2013
Go to this thread:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ead-first-development-index-root-utility.html

You will find everything you need there. But you never answered the question if you have a physical back button. Powering up to recovery is pretty basic. I had trouble performing it myself the first time, so my recommendation is give a bit more effort. The other way is gonna take a lot more time and effort.

If you can get to settings, go to backup and reset/ factory data reset.
no physyical back button on 1045 only power vol up and vol down. Tried going in settings to reset but like I stated in 1st post it doesnt do anything. Tried pushing reset with paper clip still nothing.

Kbtopdog

Oct 6, 2013
bump...can anyone tell me what steps have I have to take to factory reset by connecting to pc

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
You must get the drivers installed so your tablet can be recognized. Then you must get ADB (android debugging bridge) working so you can send commands to the tablet.

This link is for drivers:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...59-basic-driver-installation-windows-pcs.html

This link is for ADB files (ignore the root part if you dont need root):

Adb is run from the command prompt. You can run the command "adb reboot recovery" from the command prompt.

Last edited:

Kbtopdog

Oct 6, 2013
so i have to dload the basic adb drivers from the 1st link, do I need anything from the second link since Im not rooting. Will I need my tablet dump files? After I get the basic adb drivers working do I go straight to command prompt and try to reset?

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
so i have to dload the basic adb drivers from the 1st link, do I need anything from the second link since Im not rooting. Will I need my tablet dump files? After I get the basic adb drivers working do I go straight to command prompt and try to reset?

ADB is a program. You need the drivers and the progaram. The second link (root and dump utility for windows) contains the actual ADB.exe program and library files. Extract them to a folder. open a dos prompt and navigate to that directory.

On the tablet, go to settings/developer options and check android debugging. Connect your tablet via usb cable. Run the command "adb devices." If you have all the steps, the program (adb) will return a set of 8 numbers and the word device.

At this point you may type "adb reboot recovery."

You would be wise to make the dump files, but you must root to do that.