Coby Kyros MID1060

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013
yes.,please tell me how to dump my system?
maybe a quick guide please?.,

i still have a problem.,i can't make link2sd detect my second partition.,
and i install google play store but always FC..,

Last edited:

gritzvon

Mar 2, 2013
Hi glennski. I got Google Play to work by changing my model info and fingerprint in the build.prop file to a model that is Google certified. This can just be temporary until we get our hands on the model info and fingerprint of the Kyros 1065 as this model is Google certified. Their hardware specs seems the same. The only difference is the rom I guess.

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013
anyone?.,Please help me out?.,i'm trying to make a system dump?i already tried some instruction on the web.,but nothing seems to work for me or i just don't know what am i doing.,

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013
hi sir good day., I've tried another system dump.,but i don't know if it is correct.,
i used romdump, put it at root of my sdcard made some command on the terminal emulator.,
this are the results:
system.img (8mb)
boot.img (8mb)
recovery.img (8mb)
cache.img (490mb)

please tell me if this is good enough.,then i will upload.,

note: i've already remove getjar and replace it with playstrore(FC) before this romdump

malagas

Mar 6, 2013
Hi everyone.
i've bought recently a Coby kyros MID7060 16 last weekend and tried various method's in order to get Adb working.

I edited the google driver so it could have the USB parameters , used PDAnet software, motorola drivers or else, Coby Gen 3 driver folder, even the Driver 2nd
from the Aurora 2 or Elf 2 from some post of this forum. None of them really worked and the processor is the same:[h=2]Amlogic AML8726-MX[/h]
The file android_winusb.inf for the entries [Google.NTx86] and [Google.NTamd64], has the following lines:

;Coby
% SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\Vid_16D5&Pid8001
% CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\Vid_16d5&Pid_8001&MI_01

gritzvon

Mar 2, 2013
please elavorate?.,I cannot find model info and fingerprint in the build.prop.,

Hi. Apologies for the very late reply. Did you get your tablet to work already?

Anyway, regarding your questions, i only replaced the info in:
ro.product.brand
ro.product.name
ro.product.device
ro.product.board
ro.product.manufacturer
ro.build.product
ro.product.model
ro.build.description
ro.build.fingerprint

Anyway, to make it easier I'll share with you my current build.prop, the orig build.prop and the Samsung GT-P5100 build.prop files. You can DL it here: build_prop - Download - 4shared - Gritzvon Reyes

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013
Hi. Apologies for the very late reply. Did you get your tablet to work already?

Anyway, regarding your questions, i only replaced the info in:
ro.product.brand
ro.product.name
ro.product.device
ro.product.board
ro.product.manufacturer
ro.build.product
ro.product.model
ro.build.description
ro.build.fingerprint

Anyway, to make it easier I'll share with you my current build.prop, the orig build.prop and the Samsung GT-P5100 build.prop files. You can DL it here: build_prop - Download - 4shared - Gritzvon Reyes

it did'nt work for me .,i use your current build.,play store still FC

gritzvon

Mar 2, 2013
it did'nt work for me .,i use your current build.,play store still FC

Regarding Google Play, I don't know if it will work for you but after I modified my build.prop I downloaded the latest universal ICS package in Google Apps - RootzWiki. I'm new at this so I placed the zip file in an external SDCARD and tried to update from recovery same as the rooting steps. But it didn't work, so extracted the gapps zip file on my SDCARD, copied the files in the system folder, and then pasted them on my root's system folder. Restarted the device and that seemed to do the trick.

Anyway, try at your own risk.

lambofgod

Mar 22, 2013
Regarding Google Play, I don't know if it will work for you but after I modified my build.prop I downloaded the latest universal ICS package in Google Apps - RootzWiki. I'm new at this so I placed the zip file in an external SDCARD and tried to update from recovery same as the rooting steps. But it didn't work, so extracted the gapps zip file on my SDCARD, copied the files in the system folder, and then pasted them on my root's system folder. Restarted the device and that seemed to do the trick.

thanks bro, with your instructions i rooted my coby 1060 and installed playstore on it, and i have been trying that since 2 months ago. you're an angel!

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013

thanks bro finally.,my play store is now working.,

jamn79

Mar 26, 2013
Hi guys, i am having a problem with my coby 1060 and i need original rom files, my problem is that after susoension sound stops working it only works after rebooting

joaocanais

Mar 28, 2013
hello guys, I was wondering if there is anyone among you with a bug in battery Coby Kyros 1060? my battery is always indicate 100% and I wonder if anyone can help me?

hugs

jamn79

Mar 26, 2013
hello guys, I was wondering if there is anyone among you with a bug in battery Coby Kyros 1060? my battery is always indicate 100% and I wonder if anyone can help me?

hugs
Search in google for aml engineer fix, you must have your tablet rooted and comand line utility

joaocanais

Mar 28, 2013
Hello and thanks for the quick response ... Ok then I will search. in relation to the root, I have not done. is easy to perform? is to follow the above directions? hug and thanks