Coby Kyros MID1060

gritzvon

Mar 2, 2013
thanks bro finally.,my play store is now working.,

Hi! That's great that your play store is working now. Bro, what do you think about changing the thread name to something like "Coby Kyros 1060 - How to Root and Install Google Apps" or something like that. It might help other guys find this stuff quicker.

Still no luck with the kyros 1065 build.prop. How about you?

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013
Hi! That's great that your play store is working now. Bro, what do you think about changing the thread name to something like "Coby Kyros 1060 - How to Root and Install Google Apps" or something like that. It might help other guys find this stuff quicker.

Still no luck with the kyros 1065 build.prop. How about you?

yeah sure., I'll Change the title.,same here about 1065.,and still can't make a system dump.,Have you tried CWM recovery yet?.,and about Gameloft Asphalt 7 have you tried it?.,or any other gameloft games.,i've tried so many but still no luck.,even with Chainfire 3D.,

Last edited:

mikey101

Apr 2, 2013
hi guyz i just want to ask glennski , bro what are the steps for rooting coby1060 . more over after rooting does my files and pic and app ..... will be deleted ??plz help sir

mikey101

Apr 2, 2013
Regarding Google Play, I don't know if it will work for you but after I modified my build.prop I downloaded the latest universal ICS package in Google Apps - RootzWiki. I'm new at this so I placed the zip file in an external SDCARD and tried to update from recovery same as the rooting steps. But it didn't work, so extracted the gapps zip file on my SDCARD, copied the files in the system folder, and then pasted them on my root's system folder. Restarted the device and that seemed to do the trick.

Anyway, try at your own risk.
hi.... man i want to know the steps that you do to made that since i am faing a problem by doing that and i am new in this
thnx bro i just want ur helo

gritzvon

Mar 2, 2013
yeah sure., I'll Change the title.,same here about 1065.,and still can't make a system dump.,Have you tried CWM recovery yet?.,and about Gameloft Asphalt 7 have you tried it?.,or any other gameloft games.,i've tried so many but still no luck.,even with Chainfire 3D.,

I haven't tried any gameloft games yet as I'm currently busy playing Global Outbreak. I'm curious about this and I'll give some games a try.

I haven't tried making a system dump or the CWM recovery yet. I'll give these a try as well and update you with the results.

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013
hi guyz i just want to ask glennski , bro what are the steps for rooting coby1060 . more over after rooting does my files and pic and app ..... will be deleted ??plz help sir

no nothing will be deleted.,i have provide a steps on how to root 1060 on this thread.,just read along.,root with recovery by binary works to other but but in my case i used crystal root.,

joaocanais

Mar 28, 2013
Dear glennski 0104 or anyone else who can help me, I did root my coby 1060 and solved the battery problem and I've tried to install a play store according to what was posted here but could not. I'll probably be going wrong at some step. could you help me please? :(

It gives me an error that says: sorry the system android has been shut down ...

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013
Dear glennski 0104 or anyone else who can help me, I did root my coby 1060 and solved the battery problem and I've tried to install a play store according to what was posted here but could not. I'll probably be going wrong at some step. could you help me please? :(

It gives me an error that says: sorry the system android has been shut down ...

have you change your build.prop?.,
ok i will summarize it on the first page..,

joaocanais

Mar 28, 2013
Good evening friend glennski_0104. Actually I did everything like in the tutorial and still can not activate google play ... Will I be doing something wrong or the files on the tablet are not correct? If you can help me I would be eternally grateful to you :)

Keep saying: sorry the system android has been shut down ...

Regards

glennski_0104

Jan 10, 2013
Good evening friend glennski_0104. Actually I did everything like in the tutorial and still can not activate google play ... Will I be doing something wrong or the files on the tablet are not correct? If you can help me I would be eternally grateful to you :)

Keep saying: sorry the system android has been shut down ...

Regards
what you follow is for rooting only.,i summarize it on the first page(rooting and installing Gapps)

Pastilhas

Apr 10, 2013
yes it wil work on all amlogic-8726m devices(1060,7060,8060,1065,7065,8065)

Hi thx for the reply.

when i try to " apply update from sdcard" selecting Crystal root on my SDcard it say:

--Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package ...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Dont i neet to change something in Crystal root files ?