Coby Kyros MID1060

Oct 30, 2013
yes i have i tried and nothing

at the end of recover it gives android_secure.img not found. Skipping restore of /emmc/.android_secure

Thanks for all the support

uZveruga

Oct 17, 2013
at the end of recover it gives android_secure.img not found. Skipping restore of /emmc/.android_secure
You should use "plan b)" in readme. :)

Step by step:
1) Boot tablet in the recovery mode.
2) Select "wipe cache partition"
3) Select "Wipe data/factory reset"

Your settings, application and user data stored in tablet were cleared.
Now we will return the native firmware.

1) Download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43236304/Coby/Coby MID1060 firmware (clockworkmod backup).zip - 121 MB (I removed the remains of google play, so now it's really stock firmware)
2) Put the "boot.zip" file and the "clockworkmod" folder to the root of your SDcard. File system of the SDcard must be FAT32.
3) Boot tablet in the recovery mode.
4) Select "apply update from sdcard", then select "boot.zip". Wait, untill starts the "CWM-based Recovery v.5.5.0.4 7065 by Vampirefo".
5) Select "backup and restore".
6) Select the "advanced restore".
7) Select "2013-10-31.08.27.13".
8) Select the "system".
9) Choose "Yes - Restore" and wait until it ends.
10) Reboot.

Now you have the default stock firmware, without root or something. As you bought it from store.
If after doing that you still have problems with the sound - it would be very strange. Or maybe a hardware problem.

Last edited:

uZveruga

Oct 17, 2013
Right Now I cant do it, But i will. I've done some Factory Recover and It works, but the Gaps remains in the System, I would Expect to see GetJar Again but gaps was there. Now, I dont Know if the Lose of Sound was caused by the Crystal Root. Its Kind Of Weird. It only loss sound After Suspension.
Factory reset wipes only USER data and settings. If you have put some applications using root or did some root changes - it will be there after wipe.
If you want completely return to its initial state - use my post above.

Oct 30, 2013
Factory reset wipes only USER data and settings. If you have put some applications using root or did some root changes - it will be there after wipe.
If you want completely return to its initial state - use my post above.

Ok Ill try it, not now, i'm at Work.
I ll post Here when its done

Thanks Anyway for All the Help

uZveruga

Oct 17, 2013
Both backups are checked - I have successfully restored my tablet with them.
But I used a "plan B". I just restored the "system" partition.

Why can be error, i think:
1) An error occurred during the download of the file. Sometimes it happens.
2) The error occurs when you use the "Plan a)". When you just choose "Restore" instead of go to "advanced restore" and restoring only "system" partition.

Oct 30, 2013
Ok, i'll Do it.

Any way, If all else fail, Is There a possibility to install a compatible Rom??
Since the processor is 8726-mx, there are(i Think) plenty of Roms associated to this processor. Is it possible?

Thx uZveruga for all the Help

Best Regards

uZveruga

Oct 17, 2013
Any way, If all else fail, Is There a possibility to install a compatible Rom??
Since the processor is 8726-mx, there are(i Think) plenty of Roms associated to this processor. Is it possible?

Maybe it's possible, but I have a friend who bought a smartphone with android in China. He changed the firmware and all smartphone functions except calling becomes broken.
I think firmware - it's not only the CPU, but also a specific hardware software from the manufacturer, drivers for webcam, accelerometer, wifi, etc...
When you putting another mod - a lot of things can stop working.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2013
Maybe it's possible, but I have a friend who bought a smartphone with android in China. He changed the firmware and all smartphone functions except calling becomes broken.
I think firmware - it's not only the CPU, but also a specific hardware software from the manufacturer, drivers for webcam, accelerometer, wifi, etc...
When you putting another mod - a lot of things can stop working.

Its the same, stuck at Coby Logo :(

uZveruga

Oct 17, 2013
Very strange.
Usually stuck at logo happens, when there is wrong permissions.
Try this:
2) Select "apply update from sdcard", then select "boot.zip". Wait, untill starts the "CWM-based Recovery v.5.5.0.4 7065 by Vampirefo".
3) Select "advanced".
6) Select "Fix permissions" and wait until it finish. Then reboot.

I'm not very experienced, but I thought that restoring from the backup should fix any problems.

Could you write step by step, what are you doing and what the result of each step?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2013
Very strange.
Usually stuck at logo happens, when there is wrong permissions.
Try this:
2) Select "apply update from sdcard", then select "boot.zip". Wait, untill starts the "CWM-based Recovery v.5.5.0.4 7065 by Vampirefo".
3) Select "advanced".
6) Select "Fix permissions" and wait until it finish. Then reboot.

I'm not very experienced, but I thought that restoring from the backup should fix any problems.

Could you write step by step, what are you doing and what the result of each step?

Something is now Diferent it appears that the root is not there signature!!!