Coby Kyros MID7015 Graphics Fix (Angry Birds, Others)

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
It was labeled beta because we had no guinea pigs to test before posting.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I see very cool. Any thoughts of 2.2 on kyros 7015? Can/Will it be done? I strongly think that Coby wont be releasing a update. Can the kyros support 2.2? because i was reading and 2.2 fixes alot of bugs, and runs very smoothly

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
u did something wrong. This fix solved
All my problems with games being glitchy
Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

Beeeeeeeeer

Jan 21, 2011
Anyone having wifi issues after playing angry birds? Everytime I leave the game I have to disconnect and reconnect the wifi. All other games dont cause this. Not a big deal but kinda odd.

WhiteWhiskers

Mar 11, 2011
Wow, this has been a great fix. I was really sad that Angry Birds wouldn't play correctly. But this fixes it all. Even the new Angry Birds Rio runs great, all the graphics are there, it's beautiful! Even the Android Market seems to work better, there was always something wrong with the graphics in that, now it also looks better.

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Hey guys,

First of all this is a great mod and I highly recomend it! I would however ask that someone who has just tried this mod go into your app drawer and verify if your calibration app still works. I have been experimenting with JIT a lot today and something I did broke the screen calibration app from writing the pointercal entry. I am just trying to narrow my search. Make sure you have a current backup because if u too have lost calibrate u will need to boot into Clockwork and load a backup.

Thanks

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gh0st

Mar 22, 2011
I'm having some trouble. I did a backup of my device, then applied this patch, and I rebooted and the screen wouldn’t respond correctly so I restored the backup and now the youtube icon on my home screen is blank and in the list of all my apps it says “sysdev” instead of “youtube”. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Hello,

Sounds like you somehow deleted the youtube app? The sysdev app is needed for the factory youtube app to work but it should be a hidden application and not show up in your app drawer. If you have a root file viewer you can navigate to /system/app and verify if the youtube.apk app is indeed missing our not. Also verify if it's permissions are set to RW-, R--, R-- by long pressing on the line listing. If you find it missing you can just flash the passion version of Gapps found here: http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-passion-EPE54B-signed.zip .

Good luck

Gh0st

Mar 22, 2011
It's weird because I can still use the app like before. Should I create another thread about my problem so I don't spam this one?

kplasters

Oct 23, 2010
Well, the good news is this little mod worked like a charm. Thought I'd download Angry Birds and see what all the fuss is about and it works perfectly. Only problem is now my kid won't gimme my tablet back.