Coby Kyros MID7015 Graphics Fix (Angry Birds, Others)

alimag

Feb 15, 2011
Hi,

Thank you for the fix. Beeing able to play angry birds is a big plus.

There are some minor issues that I think I should report.

- The first time I installed the fix there was a problem with calibration. I had to reflash a backup but this time I reinstal the fix before rebooting after restore and the calibration problem was gone.

- I now have a problem with the market. When I download a file it's stuck in a loop in the download screen. The workaround I've found is to uninstall the market updates and redownload the file. It works but have to be done for every file or if the device was in sleep mode. I recheck without the fix and there was no problem. No big deal but I think I had to report it.

Thanks again for your work

Cheers

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Hi,

Thank you for the fix. Beeing able to play angry birds is a big plus.

There are some minor issues that I think I should report.

- The first time I installed the fix there was a problem with calibration. I had to reflash a backup but this time I reinstal the fix before rebooting after restore and the calibration problem was gone.

Thank you for confirming...I beleive this glitch may be limited to users who have not calibrated the screen since their last backup load. It may be a good idea for some users to try doing a screen calibrate prior to booting into recovery and flashing the mod. Again, this mod is fantastic and should be considered a standard upgrade.

Cheers

Joel_Miller

Mar 24, 2011
Thank you for confirming...I beleive this glitch may be limited to users who have not calibrated the screen since their last backup load. It may be a good idea for some users to try doing a screen calibrate prior to booting into recovery and flashing the mod. Again, this mod is fantastic and should be considered a standard upgrade.

Cheers

If this should be considered a standard upgrade, can we please make this sticky so it does not float off the main forum page?
Thanks!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Before making this specific patch a sticky...

1) is the 200dpi tweak incorporated into this acceptable? Or should we whip up some others for 160dpi and 240dpi?
2) No significant issues with the dalvikvm heapsize 24m in this patch either?

Then we will have a sticky in the Coby section pointing to this thread.

I have tested on my X5A for Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons, but I want to know what the result is on the MID7015. Just want some sort of final confirmation.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Multiple densities is a good idea. A warning about 160: it puts the display into the mdpi range and some icons and such change. This is especially noticeable with watery because I only changed the hdpi icons...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

alimag

Feb 15, 2011
Hi,

The higher definition is welcome, gives you more working space on the screen. But I'm not sure we could go higher without lag (angry birds seasons is already lagging like hell).

Maybe another version with higher definition ? It might be interesting to try.

With the market fixed, this could certainly become a standard upgrade IMHO.

Cheers

Last edited:

Digitalman42

Mar 11, 2011
Update worked as expected and Angry Birds does work. However, the live wallpaper, "Magic Smoke" no longer works. Stops unexpectedly every time now. I then bumped up the vm head size from 24 to 32 but same thing. Should I try 48?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
you could also use the setprop command via adb or terminal emulator to set the dalvik.vm.heap property manually.

sdmhbax

Feb 25, 2011
Loaded the GPU fix and it works great!!
I also can confirm the VM Heap Tool is in the Market and does work.