Coby Kyros MID7015A Won't Turn On

rhk111

Jun 13, 2011
All, hi, I rooted my Coby MID7015A, and then installed the Google Market Place on it. The unit was doing fine, until the battery ran out. I connected the unit to the AC Charger, and the red light along the side of the unit where the Power Button was on lighted up. However, even after an hour of charging, when I try to turn on the unit using the power button, it just won't turn on.

I have a brand new unit, by the way. Right out of the box, I rooted it and installed the Google Market Place. I don't know if that action had an effect on the unit not turning on now.

Any help whatsoever is highly appreciated. Thanks.

rhk111

Jun 13, 2011
All, the problem has been solved. I initially reset the unit (push on the reset button at the back) before, but it didn't work. When I tried it again later, though, the unit turned on.

vanjhelion

Mar 21, 2011
Yep, you will encounter this scenario most of the time.

Sent from my KYROS 7015 using Android Tablet Forum

rossjhsn

Dec 28, 2010
Vanj, do you mean that you often have to "double reset" ? I ask because I have to push the reset button onmy 7015 every time it has reached the green light fully charged state. I don't know if this could be remedied with a cache cleaning but it seems to have become a regular scenario somewhere along the update from original OS to HC over Gingerbread. Not complaining mind you, still a great experience! RJ

Sent from my KYROS 7015 using Android Tablet Forum

rafaelgustavo

May 1, 2012
Hello,
I have a problem with my Kyros MID7015, that seems like what you described. When I try to turn on the tablet, sometimes the power button doesen't work. I try it using different combinations of buttons without success, even pressing the reset button does nothing. After some tries, I hold the power button again and it turns on normally. This behavior was shown after I upgraded to 2.3.1. I also upgraded to 2.3.3 and the problem continues. Does anybody here saw something like that, or knows how to correct?
Thanks.

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
rafaelgustavo said:
Hello,
I have a problem with my Kyros MID7015, that seems like what you described. When I try to turn on the tablet, sometimes the power button doesen't work. I try it using different combinations of buttons without success, even pressing the reset button does nothing. After some tries, I hold the power button again and it turns on normally. This behavior was shown after I upgraded to 2.3.1. I also upgraded to 2.3.3 and the problem continues. Does anybody here saw something like that, or knows how to correct?
Thanks.

You may see that periodically. Seems to be the nature of the beast. For some reason I've found mine powers on more readily the first time (as if it were cold overnight, for example) when plugged into the charger. Then resets and restarts, if any, are pretty much normal plugged-in or not. Goodluck.