Coby Kyros Mid7015B hacking

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
Does anyone have any experience with this precise type of model. I am trying to root it so i can put google play on it, these generic app markets suuck >_<. I tried following a few guides i found for 7015 and 7015A, but couldnt find any for 7015B. When i tried the other guides for the other two, i kept running into problems. I dont know enough about tablets to figure out whats wrong. Any help would be appreciated

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
im gonna add some more info since i noticed i was kinda vague.

One of the guides i followed was Coby Kyros MID7015 Utimate Guide - Rooting, Android Market, ClockworkMod Recovery - xda-developers. The problem i was having with this guide was when i started up Z4root, it would crash at acquiring shell no matter how many time i reset i couldnt get it to root it.

The other guide i tried was ALTERNATE (NEWBIE-FRIENDLY) GUIDE FOR ROOTING AND GOOGLE MARKET INSTALL ON WINDOWS - NO SPECIAL DRIVERS OR ADB COMMANDS NEEDED. The problem i had with this one was when i tried to install the update.zip it would say update failed everytime.

I tried this one also even though it was for a way different version How to Add the Android Market App to Coby Kyros MID7016 and MID7020 without Rooting | Coby Kyros MID Tablets. I could finish all the steps on this one but when i try to open google play it crashes everytime.

if anyone has any experience with any of this stuff and could offer any help it would be greatly appreciated.

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
well i was able to root it using superoneclick, but when i try to download the google experience through the recovery menu it says installation aborted gahhh this is driving me crazy

AlexTheGreat

Apr 16, 2012
well i was able to root it using superoneclick, but when i try to download the google experience through the recovery menu it says installation aborted gahhh this is driving me crazy

I also was able to root via SuperOneClick but what im wondering is how to install clock work recovery and if I can install a ROM and how. I installed an old android market and blackmart alpha. Wasnt able to get the google play store on it.

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
make sure you find the right version of clockwork for your tablet, i installed either the wrong version or a corrupted version and i think it bricked my tablet -_-

darkdrae

Apr 13, 2012
hey prom if your an admin over there do you know how long it takes for an account to be authorized?

AlexTheGreat

Apr 16, 2012
Thanks! Waiting on my new sd card in the mail then ill try installing CWM!

Through CWM you can install any kyros 7015 ROM? And do they all come with custom kernels or are they somewhere else?

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
hey prom if your an admin over there do you know how long it takes for an account to be authorized?
I guess its pretty quick. I dont have control in that area. We have many members from here and other forums. I myself come here sometimes and help when i get a chance. I also come to learn as well. There is a wealth of Information from all the android forums

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
Why not post a link to the 7015b FWDN image you guys have on ktz? This is what these guys need, you are a administrator there.
Hey Vamps!
I have posted links before to KTZ for the image. I think its probably deep in the threads now since i havent been as active. I saw your posting for it from brazilian site. i will post the link for those who want it.

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
Ok here is the link for the coby image upgrade to 2.3.3. If you have the newer coby 7015 like the 7015b,c,d you probably are already have 2.3.3 image and dont need this. You can do step 4 then step6 to root, install CWM, Gapps.

Go Here Log in
You must become a member

Good Luck