Coby Kyros MID7024- Need help figuring out a couple of things

denisem

May 16, 2011
I just received my new MID7024 Tablet on Friday and right out of the box there is a bright blue line on the screen. The line runs across the whole screen just under the camera. My hunch is that I received a tablet with a defective screen, but thought I would check a few things before returning. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for the screen? I emailed Coby on Friday and haven't heard back yet.

While trying to figure out if I will keep this tablet or not I wanted to make sure I could open books from our library (one of my main reasons for getting this tablet). Our library requires the software Overdrive Media console. I was able to download the software for Android and downloaded a couple of books, however when you open the books the text won't flow for the screen size and you are not able to see the entire page. I did try adjusting the font size, but it still flows off the screen. Anyone else have this issue and figured out a fix?

Becktemba

May 16, 2011
Hello,

You can configure the screen with an application that is already installed on the System.

Tap the Apps Menu (Bunch of little squares) and look for the screen config app. It will reset the screen. (I don't have the unit with me forgot the name). The program will ask you to touch the screen on the + sign (Use your stylus for this). This configure the screen size. I'm running the nook reader and it looks good, as well as the pre-installed reader.

~J

denisem

May 16, 2011
I did try to calibrate the screen again, however that didn't change it for the books. The text still flows off screen. I did hear back from support at Overdrive and they suggested a couple of settings in the software and I tried those, still no luck. They also suggested that I use the Spare Parts App to get to hidden settings, however I checked the Applib and it's not there and I can't download from Android Market because it doesn't recognize my device.

Does anyone have any luck with the Spare Part App and know where I can get it (if it's something I should try)?

Also, I keep hearing that you need to root your device, can anyone explain this to me? This is my first Android device and I have no idea what that means, what it does for the device or how to do it.

jetmechal

Oct 4, 2011
I understand your problem.

I would continue with your line of thinking because you don't need to root your MID7024 to get Market working see my post on "http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-technical/13769-fully-updated-android-market-w-o-any-root-just-drop-install-apk-70-80-1024-a-6.html#post136380"

Not only that , usually , rooting a device voids the warranty.

Keep in mind that app APK's that are downloaded ,transferred to SD card and installed with the APK install utility may not be compatible with your ANDROID operating system version which is 2.2 FROYO on this MID7024 tablet. I would suspect that this is why the readier your using isn't formatting to your screen size
properly.

If you know where your e-pub are kept you may be able to import them into the ALKIDO book reader where they may display better.

Hope this helps and will monitor for any further comments.