Coby Kyros mid7024 slow wifi speed...

pvanort

Apr 30, 2011
Hello all,

Recently purchased the CobyKyros mid7024 and it's my first tab and Android experience. Everything seems to be working well with the exception of my wifi speed. Upon booting up the wifi speed on the Kyros is fantastic, but then seems to degrade almost to the point of nothing at all. I'm using a Linksys WRT54G which is a few years old as my router. My laptop has lightning fast speeds through this router. I've tried restarting the modem and router and ended up with the same results. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Did you install flash? Some of us experience what you have described after installing flash. We have resolved the issue by selecting on demand or ask to run in our browsers setup for plug-ins.

pvanort

Apr 30, 2011
Did you install flash? Some of us experience what you have described after installing flash. We have resolved the issue by selecting on demand or ask to run in our browsers setup for plug-ins.

Thank's for the reply. I did install it just this morning in fact. May I ask how to tweak these settings?

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Open your browser than select the setup button on the tablet. It is the 2nd soft button from the left next to the home button ( round silver ) Open setup and under enable plug-ins select on demand. Than use the back soft button to get back to your home screen restart browser and things should run much faster without the slow down. Coby clearly marked on the box that the 7024 would not run flash. I expect it is a memory issue.

pvanort

Apr 30, 2011
Open your browser than select the setup button on the tablet. It is the 2nd soft button from the left next to the home button ( round silver ) Open setup and under enable plug-ins select on demand. Than use the back soft button to get back to your home screen restart browser and things should run much faster without the slow down. Coby clearly marked on the box that the 7024 would not run flash. I expect it is a memory issue.

thank you for this, will give it a try.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Clear out your Cache/History use aCcleaner, Cachemate and also use AdFree app. On the 7015/7015 we all use something different I have in the ROM or patch.

SwaggaDude

Sep 5, 2012
Hi,
I have a Coby Kyros MID9742, just bought and working wonderfully everything except the wifi. When I use my tablet to connect to my nexxt router it takes long saying connecting but like 5 minutes later it says avoided poor internet connection is their any way i can configure it to use my so called poor internet connection. Thanks