Coby Kyros MID7024 - Video Playback - Odd Issue

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
Hello.. I just got this tablet today and have been playing around with it.

For testing purposes, I've ripped a DVD to a couple different video file formats. Using the default video player, if I'm skipping through the video, when I hit around the 1 hour 11-14 minute mark, the video jumps back to the beginning even though the counter is still reading 1 hour 14 minutes, etc.

Anyone else seen this issue prior? Thanks..

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
I got it figured out. Used steev's Alldro2 ROM and installed the mobo video player. No more issues.

Sent from my MID7024-4G using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Using the default video player, if I'm skipping through the video, when I hit around the 1 hour 11-14 minute mark, the video jumps back to the beginning even though the counter is still reading 1 hour 14 minutes, etc.

As you found out, it's a known bug in the built-in player. Using a third party player should fix it. I like BSPlayer lite and MX Video Player, both have a SW decoding feature that usually plays anything (switch to Fast SW if the video lags).

(somehow I missed this post...)

DrGadget

Oct 2, 2011
I know this is an old post but I have this issue and was wondering if there is a fix yet?I travel for a living and I use my tablet for watching movies and a little surfing when I stay at motels/hotels and is perfect for this use but sometimes I might get a call and I press pause and then It goes to the 1:14 and drives me nuts!I tried more than a half a dozen different players and they all do the same,I figured it was a factory software issue but there's no fix on their website(at least I didn't see one)is there one?

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...13-cfw-mid7024-based-alldro2-gingerbread.html

The way I got around the issues was to install the custom firmware above. You'll need a SD card to do the update. But youll have Android market to download things. But there is a risk that'll brick your tablet and you wont have a tablet. But I've been using the ROM since version 0.3 without any issues.

On market, look for Mobo Video player to play videos.

Both Netflix and Skype work well.

Sent from my Steev Alldro2 v1.3 MID7024