Coby Kyros MID7033-4

bblanchard26

Jun 18, 2012
Hi! I just recently purchased a Kyros MID7033-4, and I've been reading about rooting and such. I'm not sure how to do any of this, or even why I have to do it or what it means? I'm not much of a technological person, so I was wondering if anyone could help me! Why do I need to root the device? How do I do it? And I've seen that the Android Market isn't available on this tablet... so does that mean I won't have access to any apps? I'm starting to wonder if I made the right purchase. :confused::confused::confused:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Rooting is the cool thing to do! No seriously it is I have rooted every device I have ever owned and thats a lot. Now to your questions rooting opens up your tablet so you have complete control over it, you can make exact backups of your tablets current set up so if anything ever happens you can just restore the backup and everything is good. With out the Market you will be limited to what apps you can find online or through a third party app store like slideme but if you root you can install the market and get most of the apps. I recommend rooting and once you do it once you will see its no big deal.