hi guys .. im new here :)

anyone know's how to root coby 7038 ..

i want to access google play store ..

thanks in advance ..;)

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Welcome to androidtablets.net. We've moved your thread to the Coby Generation 3 Forums, where you're likely to get far more specific replies to your question. In general, the first place to look regarding rooting is the sticky posts in Generation 3 Development.

zcbtik

May 7, 2013
Hi wanchunfung, Im gladly want to help, I use one rooting software that can root this model either ics or either jb, i'll get back to you, I will post the link or will try to upload the software I used to root, but I have a BIG request, after the root process, can you upload the image of your tab so I can retrieve mine? I mess my tab and it is not usable anymore,

please be remind that after you root, don't try to install the busybox first, just install first the link2sd(read more about this) so that your internal will not be full as what happened to me, just image your firmware first as what other said(backup) so you still have a copy of your firmware, the please help me ..upload it then we will continue to enjoy this,.. please give sometime, I will find the software again.. I guess nandroid can help you to image your firmware

I wish someone can help us how to get the copy of your firmware..be carefull on busybox since it will make full your internal(don't backup when busy box ask you), unless your default is your sd, apps2sd and link2sd will help you on this

Last edited:

zcbtik

May 7, 2013
Hi, just an update, I already have again the software, mods please let me know if it is allowed to post the link from other site, else TS please pm me so I can send you the link or the software that I used

thanks in advance, looking forward for your firmware sharing :)

btw - it is for rooting only, I still have one software for rooting but not yet tested, but afaik it will push the gapps on your device after you root it

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
As long as it doesn't require LiveSuite to do its job I don't have a problem if you post it. However, keep in mind that this is nothing more than an alternative method of rooting the tablet. The links in the Generation 3 Development stickies have the recommended root method for all the later Generation 3 tablets like the 7038.

rad1cal

Jun 8, 2013
Hi, can you post a tutorial on how to root MID7038? I've been searching and couldn't find one that works