Coby Kyros MID7127 Android Market

SaeMii3N

Dec 17, 2011
Following daprospecta's method to get the Android Market on Kyros 7022...
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-technical/17460-got-market-working-7022-without-rooting-2.html
I was able to get it on my 7127. GMail and Maps worked fine, so did the Market, so I thought.

I first tried the Market provided in the zip file but that didn't work, it kept force closing on start up of the app. So I decided to look around for the Android Market 3.3.12 version. I installed it and seemingly had the Market working, but once I tried to download an app it would force close and I was no longer able to access the Market, it just force closed on start up.

Anyone with a 7127 have any success installing and using the Android Market?

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
yes, i just spent the last 2-3 hours trying to get it lol.

if you have the market looking like it works.... from home screen go menu/setting/applications/manage apps click All tab. click market, then click clear data.

after it's done, power off.

power back on, go to market and download "LCD Resolution" change from 200, to 160. it will reboot, and you can DL all the apps. once your done you can either leave it at 160 or change it back to 200.

lmk if it work for you.

SaeMii3N

Dec 17, 2011
I got it working with the download in the first post by daprospecta in the thread. I'm download apps and not having to change my dpi at all. Download all apps perfectly fine.

Jan 9, 2012
Have you been able to download apps bigger than 20mb?
I keep getting an insufficient memory message. I have cleared the cache, moved most of my apps to my sd card, and have tried rebooting. I have 160mb or more internal memory when I try. I installed market without rooting.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Have you been able to download apps bigger than 20mb?
I keep getting an insufficient memory message. I have cleared the cache, moved most of my apps to my sd card, and have tried rebooting. I have 160mb or more internal memory when I try. I installed market without rooting.

this error is pretty annoying I usually have to dl app from my phone then send to tablet. I believe there is a build prop command that could fix this will have to look around

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk