COBY Kyros MID8024 simple step-by-step instruction for upgrading to 2.3 or higher

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
Good day,

I just bought my 8024 yesterday, and it is running on 2.2. I checked the internet on how to upgrade it to 2.3 but it seems that it is so confusing for a first-time Android user like me. So I wanna ask right now that questions that us first-timers wants to ask you guys.

1. Do we need to root our device first before doing and using the Nefarious Bread v1.2? Or we can just proceed and rooting is not necessary?
2. In case that we need to root it, how? We need the easy step-by-step because its kinda bit hard to understand the process if you are just reading it. Please lessen the technical terms.
3. And this Nefarious Bread, is that what we only need? Or do we picked the wrong file to upgrade my 8024 to Gingerbread? If its wrong, then what file?
4. If its wrong, please also provide us the step-by-step process on upgrading to 2.3 or higher.
5. (Personal Question) I cant seem to use my Huawei E153 Broadband USB stick on my COBY right now, still running on 2.2 Froyo. The 3G Network option cant be found on the Wireless and Networks Settings.

Thank you very much,

romaragregado