Coby Kyros MID8042-4

orlando021802

Aug 13, 2013
i have a coby kyros 8042 and i messed up pressed power button by mistake and now didn't want to boot from android screen so i flashed it using livesuit i have used all the roms i found on the internet but the left side of the screen seems out of place looks like the rom i flashed the first time with wrong rom and now screen of centered its display 800x562 instead of 800x600 please need help i've spent over 60 hours already trying to find a fix can someone help me seems like whatever i do doesn't work i have flashed roms and zip thru livesuit and CWM that i got thru vampirofo using android terminal need help can someone do a recovery.img from sytem dump i tried to install and doesn't work i will post picks if needed to help see the problem thanks...

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Well livesuit isn't a good option what yuo did, but seems that was your last option right.
What do you mean by wrong rom? Wrong model Rom?
Have you tried CM9?

Sent from my CM9 Coby 8042 Kyros using Tapatalk 4 Beta Again

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Thread moved to Coby Generation 3, where you're more likely to get responses.

orlando021802

Aug 13, 2013
yes it was my last option ive tried everything from stock rom extreme,mobiz rom,cm9 stays on boot loop dont now what to do anymore can i edit my display settings the screen is ok but of centered and gonna post pics i really appretiate some help i wanna do a video to help user out since i researched this tablet so much and so little of it its posted unlike other tablets in the market and its a good tablet for the price drop box img http://db.tt/YWuj3Vy1
http://db.tt/XgEtJm9s

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have no ideal what you have done to the tablet, your post doesn't make a lot of sense to me, so I am not sure this is a project I want to spend much time on, you say you used all the roms, what roms exactly? you flashed a livesuite image what image? you didn't get a livesuit images from me, I do make them and use them on tablets I buy that are beyond cwm repair but I don't share my livesuit images.

orlando021802

Aug 13, 2013
first of all thanks you're post have shown me a lot about coby kyros i flashed mobiz rom i used 4.0.4 but every rom i use don't fix problem i will show now cause screen shot shows my botton icons and i only see them half way that my screen info

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
first of all thanks you're post have shown me a lot about coby kyros i flashed mobiz rom i used 4.0.4 but every rom i use don't fix problem i will show now cause screen shot shows my botton icons and i only see them half way that my screen info

no rom flashed via cwm is going to fix what livesuit has done, you have to open the livesuite image you flashed and change the screen size and repack the image, then flash the image again.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
sun4i_crane_mid8042_GooglePlay-market_120628_v1 this img o used

That image has correct screen size, so nothing can be done, your tablet is a later version that what that image is based off of. You would need some one with a later version to make a dump, then build a livesuit from their dump. if you still have warranty you might be able to return it to coby.

orlando021802

Aug 13, 2013
can i use adb to fix this issue i've tried to restore by system dumd its says it don't let me says device or resource busy