coby kyros mid9042-8 clockworkmod Help.

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
hello guys and i am new at this website can someone show how to install clockworkmod on coby kyros mid9042 it seems this tablet its not famous like mid 9742 or 1042. And could you send me a link for compatible roms and also how to install google play or compatible gapps thanks.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Read the sticky posts at the top of the Generation 3 Development forum for the answers to your questions.

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
ok but is there any clockworkmod recovery that its update.zip so i can install easily than adb and sudo code

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
do i need a windows 8 64bit driver for coby kyros mid9042 to use adb and flash the cwm recovery or just plug and play?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You may be able to get away with the drivers we have on the forum here. However, ADB currently doesn't work well with Windows 8, if at all. The various tools here all use ADB, thus they probably won't work well on Windows 8 either. I recommend one of the following:

• Upgrading to Windows 7.
  • Downloading a copy of Ubuntu and installing it in place of Windows 8.
  • Installing virtual machine software and installing anything but Windows 8 to it, e.g. Windows XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu.

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
is there any chances to brick my tablet after flashing the cwm recovery? and can i could restore my stock recovery for warranty? because its four moths use.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Yes. Vampirefo has provided a thread explaining how to root using Linux. A link should be in the sticky posts in Generation 3 Development.

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
thanks for the info.

keep up the good work

Last edited by a moderator:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Did you make a system dump first? If you didn't make a system dump of your tablet first, you'll have to download the recovery image from one of the dumps linked in the sticky. Once you get the recovery image you can then use the same process that you used to get the custom recovery onto the tablet to install the stock recovery.

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
do i need root to install cwm recovery via adb? and where do i put the files?. it seems my android interacts on adb when i type adb reboot and i using windows 8 64bit i use pdanet for drivers

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Everything, whether it be rooting, making a system dump, or flashing a recovery requires ADB and ADB does not function well, if at all, on Windows 8. Thus, do not use Windows 8.

I only support Windows XP, Vista, and 7. Linux I can help a bit with, but Vampirefo is far more knowledgeable with Linux than I am.

jordan22

Mar 21, 2013
is there any chances to brick my tablet when flashing a cwm recovery via adb? and do i need to be rooted?