Coby Kyros MID9042-8 WiFi Range Issue

my3suns

Dec 1, 2012
I just purchased 2 COBY Kyros MID9042-8 and have a problem with the WiFi Range. I am not able to get further than 15 feet away from my router and still connect to the router. I get a message "not in range" however I show good signal strength. I am assuming it is the tablets capability since I have no issues with other computers connecting from anywhere in my home. Am I really stuck with having to be within a 15 foot radius of the router???? :mad:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
connect to router walk away from router until you loose connection how far did you get?

Last edited:

iCameronRB

Oct 25, 2013
Hi, I am having the same exact problem. I'd be standing right smack next to the router with "Excellent Strength" and when I enter the password and tell it to Connect, it will sit for a sec and then say Not in range. I set a hotspot on my phone and set my tablet right on top of it and said Not in range again. The only time I can get the wifi to work is if I change the Channel in the Router settings to Channel 1. But, I would like to be able to use my tablet without having to do that to every router I connect to. Please Help

iCameronRB

Oct 25, 2013
Tried that many times. I also tried using a different ROM, someone else's dumped stock ROM, and nothing has worked. :(

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Sounds like to much traffic on your router channel, there is no fix other than changing router channel.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

iCameronRB

Oct 25, 2013
I connected to the Mobile Hotspot on my phone as well and it does the same thing. And the router doesn't have too much traffic cause I just connected another computer to it and it doesn't have any problems.

5arid

Nov 30, 2013
I had the same issue
My tablet is MID9042 and my ADSL modem is Linksys WAG120N
I solved the problem by changing the channel number in the wireless settings of WAG120N