Coby Kyros mid9740-8G

rld770

Jan 13, 2016
I saw this thread:
[ROM] Custom ROM for Coby Kyros 9742 - rooted, deodexed, Google Play by steev dated May 8, 2012

that gives me hope on this tablet. A friend send me, coby kyros mid 9740
the motherboard id: MID9742_ V03,_mb_V03_120131which hang on android logo and i flash it with xtouch firmware "X906(PS) Android 4.0 Firmware_20120907_XTOUCH LOGO" using livesuit 1.11 now the touch screen axis is inverted and wifi is not working. Is it possible to flash it with this firmware
cfw_coby_9742_4.0.3_0.1.zip will it fix the problem or will brick the tablet

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
It may not brick the tablet but it certainly won't resolve your problem. You want to take a look at the system dumps in the development forum and use them to try and restore your tablet. Keep in mind that because you used Livesuite, the chances of permanent damage have increased.

rld770

Jan 13, 2016
It may not brick the tablet but it certainly won't resolve your problem. You want to take a look at the system dumps in the development forum and use them to try and restore your tablet. Keep in mind that because you used Livesuite, the chances of permanent damage have increased.

Can you help me how i can restore my tablet using the system dumps in the development forum and which dump i will use because i am afraid to brick this tablet.

rld770

Jan 13, 2016
Can you help me how i can restore my tablet using the system dumps in the development forum and which dump i will use because i am afraid to brick this tablet.

I read your Disclaimer
Disclaimer: There have been incidents recently (as of 10/22/12) regarding devices either becoming bricked or being rendered so unstable as to be virtually useless. The common denominator in all these incidents is that the end users installed custom ROMs using Livesuite and then proceeded to use the root utility to install Clockworkmod. Given ADB's track record of reliability with millions of Android devices, the only conclusion I can draw from this is that Livesuite is the cause of the problem. Therefore, if you have used Livesuite to install a ROM, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS UTILITY. Using the root utility on a Livesuite-modified tablet may cause damage to the firmware which may not be fixable by any means, even with a system dump. Should you choose to use the utility despite this warning, you do so at your own risk.

This is what afraid of i already used the livesuit.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Once you use Livesuite you're generally stuck with it, as it rewrites absolutely everything, including the partition layout. If you want to risk restoring using a system dump, read through the thread carefully, as I provide a link within it leading to the post on how to restore from a system dump.

rld770

Jan 13, 2016
Thanks for the reply, I did root the tablet using the procedure in the thread rooting the tablet is a success and installing the 9740 recovery signed too. After t hat it boot fine as expected now and I turned off the tablet and check to boot in recovery mode by pressing volume minus + power button it did went well in to recovery mode and its fine then I select the reboot the system now by pressing the power button. It boot up to android icon only and tried so many times to boot and failed. Is the tablet bricked? May be you have some suggestion to un-bricked it or if I will flash it with custom firmware
cfw_coby_9742_4.0.3_0.1.zip using livesuit or maybe you can recommend any ROM that I can use using livesuit. I know my only option now is using livesuit to revived the tablet.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Your device is in a bootloop, i.e. soft bricked. You can try restoring the system dump you used and see if that resolves the issue. However, other than that there isn't much advice I can give you. Reason being you used Livesuite, and we don't support Livesuite here.

With that said, if you ARE going to use Livesuite, you MUST use firmware appropriate to your device. The 9742 firmware you are thinking of using will certainly brick your tablet as the internal hardware of both devices is radically different.

rld770

Jan 13, 2016
I am ready to install the system dump I downloaded at this site when this thing happened. Sorry but what I mean is when I press the power to turn on it power up but the android icon pop up not Coby as used to be and it stop there. I tried to to go to recovery mode the tablet stuck on green android icon. I am thinking of using ADB to boot to recovery,When I plug the USB cable to PC it wont recognized it nothing happened. I don't know what to do now?

rld770

Jan 13, 2016
i saw one of the reply of Vampirefo on this thread:
Coby Kyros MID9740-8 not working after root

Turn off tablet, now press and release volume up + power, now hold volume up + power down til you see Coby boot screen now release power keep holding volumes up.

I will try this and will let you know. Thanks again for your support and patience in me.