Coby Kyros rooted but can't get Google App Market please help I'm lost

Discussion in 'Coby Tablet Apps and Games' started by JustparaDOX, Mar 8, 2011.

1. JustparaDOX

JustparaDOX Member

So I followed this video and this tutorial http://tipstir.the-talk.net/t1077-alternate-newbie-friendly-guide-for-rooting-and-google-market-install-on-windows-no-special-drivers-or-adb-commands-needed

I downloaded all the files and when I get to the recovery image phase in the terminal emulator that it says file not found. I put the recovery.img in the root folder in the sdcard and I can't seem to finger it out. I got Supper User access and now want to install the Google Apps Market. Please help.

I was able to root the device with Z4root.

Please Help i want to get the Google App's Market on my tablet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  2. Sue7M3

Sue7M3 Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color (Rooted)
    If you have a 7015, you need to go back and re-read the directions carefully. The tutorial you're using is super easy. If you have a 7015A, use the search feature to find the alternate directions as things work a little differently with it.

3. stargiss

stargiss Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros
    I had the same problem. I can't remember where I found a solution but I remember I had to do something different than was in this tutorial. I'll look back and see if I can find where I found the step I did to get it to work.

Did you get the correct Emulator? I'm looking back through my history and trying to remember what I did to get this resolved because I had the same exact issue. I just can't remember where I found the solution.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  4. stargiss

stargiss Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros
    I think this is where I did something different and finally got it to work.

After typing su... type this: flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img and hit enter...then type this: reboot recovery.

Try this...I'm thinking it's what finally got it working for me. I remember pulling my hair out for a couple hours trying to figure out why the instructions weren't working and then I found this solution and it worked out....let me know if it helps. If not then I'll keep looking.