Coby Kyros storage question

mvh

Jan 25, 2013
I have installed an 8g micro sd card and transferred games to micro sd via my computer/tablet connected to my computer. I check my "settings" - storage and it shows my internal storage and EXTSD storage. (all good so far) My tablet shows two internal storages - one states 853mb available and the other states 7.28mb available, the EXTSD states 2.17gb available. My question is - every time I use the camera to take a picture I get a message that states "Your SD card is full". How do I fix this?

Help appreciated,

mvh

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Thread moved to Coby Generation 3, where you're likely to get more responses.

More details are required here. Most prominently, did you root your tablet, and if so, how did you root it?

May 11, 2011
The Coby Kyros tablets doesn't recognized the internal SD cards as an internal partition of the system, only as a storage disk.
The tablets are configured to recognized as an internal SD card a partition in the memory that they have and mounts as an SD.
I can see you only have 7.28mb availables in the partition the camera saves the images.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The 853MB storage is for Android itself, and is not something you can use. The 7.28MB storage is /mnt/sdcard, where Android stores files necessary for add-on apps like Aldiko to run. /mnt/sdcard has a hidden directory on it called .android-secure, where pieces of very large apps are stored, such as games. It sounds very likely that the games you installed all put portions of themselves into /mnt/sdcard, thus using up the available space on that partition.

Your options:
  1. Remove the games.
  2. Root your tablet, switch the mount points, then reinstall your games.

Option 1 is the easiest since it doesn't require you to root, but the downside is that you won't have the games available to play. Option 2 has more risk involved since you can brick (render useless) the tablet.

The good news is that your 8042 can have its mount points changed without adversely affecting the tablet. Your tablet uses an Allwinner CPU, which is far more forgiving of such tinkering than the Telechips CPU found in the 7034, 7036, 7048, and 8048.