Coby Kyros unresponsive! Help?

ferretlady97

Dec 30, 2011
Hi! I was just futzing around with my new Coby Kyros tablet (I've lost the box, and can't check via the device given it freezing, but based on images, it would appear to be a MID7125), when it stopped connecting to the internet. When I clicked on the "wireless and networks" button to try and fix it, all of a sudden the screen froze (it doesn't respond to gyro, touch, or button presses) and the button on the front stopped being lit up blue like it normally is. I figure turning it off somehow would probably fix it (That might be incorrect, but it works on everything else I've tested it on, so I assume that this is no different), but nothing I've tried so far is working (which, at the moment, amounts to holding down the power button for a really long time and holding down the circular, formerly glowing blue menu button for a while, and putting a mechanical pencil lead into the "reset" hole). It's fully charged at the moment, so just letting it run out of battery isn't a very good option, and I can't open the cover to take it out manually. I haven't found anything useful on the internet, so I would appreciate some help with this :)

Last edited:

ferretlady97

Dec 30, 2011
Okay, never mind. It took some hours, but the battery drained and it's functioning properly now. For my next trick, I will close this thread...

vladytepes

Jun 22, 2011
Hi!

I have the same problem. But unfortunately, the trick with the battery didn't work for me. The tablet is working because I have connected a keyboard and I can access to the settings. But anything else. Any idea?