Coby Kyrso MID 7012 with 2.3o/s

Charly

Feb 26, 2011
I just picked this up after taking back a POS Arnova ...

anyway, anything on this? I cannot find anything on the net about these?! Can I put the market on it - can it be rooted - should it be rooted? Anyone know anything - I was told these are new that the o/s was updated on the 7012 and re-released .... HELP (did I mess up again ... for $99 I thought sweet but may be swearing and taking it back)

Thanks!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I haven't heard or read about any 7012... If you can find out what Android and CPU it runs maybe you can use info from a similar tablet...

wilson180

Oct 17, 2011
I just picked this up after taking back a POS Arnova ...

anyway, anything on this? I cannot find anything on the net about these?! Can I put the market on it - can it be rooted - should it be rooted? Anyone know anything - I was told these are new that the o/s was updated on the 7012 and re-released .... HELP (did I mess up again ... for $99 I thought sweet but may be swearing and taking it back)

Thanks!

I bought this tablet last weekend and was able to install Market on it following the instructions from a YouTube video. Go to YouTube and search for the user daprospecta. He has a video for installing market on a Kyros. Not the same model but it works on the 7012. I haven't been able to root it yet but am working on it.

fun

Aug 19, 2010
if it has telechips cpu, probably I can make clockworkmod and cyanogenmod. can you check cpu?
and is there recovery mode? on 7015/7016, recovery mode can be entered by press & hold BACK (silver orb on front) while power on.

unmodified dump image from your tablet is needed to make clockworkmod/cyanogenmod. if 7012 has telechips and recovery mode, I can tell you how to dump images.

thareaper

Oct 28, 2011
I have the same one I am trying to figure out if there is a way to speed it up and make it run smoother but there
no information about them help

b4reel27

Oct 30, 2011
Same here. Like the tab and features, just would like lil better speed. Might be a Coby update? A root would be nice also. Anyone know if there are any gamepads that work on this tab(snes, nes gen emus)???

b4reel27

Oct 30, 2011
800MHz ARM1176 processor, Android 2.3 OS. cpu and os if this helps as far as finding something similar.. if it was a wii, ds, xbox, psp, ect.... id be on it!! this is my first go around with a tablet, was kinda iffy on what to and not to do here.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks all.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
AFAIK 7012 uses a 800MHz Telechips processor, and I haven't seen any overclocked version for it. You may look in other forums about Telechips, but unless someone else tested it on a 7022, installing it may brick your tablet.

Normal USB gamepads can be used if you download Gamepad IME from Market (you have to set USB mode in tablet to host, and the game must use normal input method for it to work too).

b4reel27

Oct 30, 2011
thanks ifom... thats great and all, but i dont have android market on the kyros, and all the site ive seen say system needs to be rooted for gamepad ime to work. because of drivers that most controllers need i have a logitech and cant get it to work.. again thanks for the help..

got both my kiddos one of these for christmas just trying to figure out as much about them before then..