COBY MID 7125 Question

JAKE381

Dec 24, 2011
I'm new to tablets, apps, and somewhat behind the times with this technology.

I'm coming from years of using a Toshiba Pocket PC, basically it was like a palm pilot.

I'm not if this is the right place to start, but it seemed to be the closest to what I have.

On my 7125 model there is a Calendar app already loaded. Well when I attempt to open the app it takes me to a screen that wants to add an exchange account.

I established a gmail account, and yet I'm not sure if it wants me to enter my gmail account information (username and password). Below that is a box that has the wording "send email from this account by default". I've checked the box, and after hitting next it takes me to a screen that has the wording Server settings.

In the Domain name it has the first part of my gmail e-mail, not the @gmail.com. It also has placed a slash in front of my name. The password is encrypted (dots), and the server has gmail.com in it.

Below that are two boxes, the top one is checked, it states "use secure connection (SSL), below that is an unchecked box that says "accept all SSL certificates.

When I hit next I get a message that states "Set up could not finish, Unable to open connection to server".

What am I missing, or doing wrong?

I would like to use my tablet as a calendar, track my tasks, and contacts. I currently use Microsoft Outlook for that at work, and would if possible to somehow sync outlook to my tablet so I can continue to use both. If possible.

I would appreciate any assistance, and I might need to be walked through this slowly.

Thank you in advance.

budcurts

Jan 1, 2012
I was told by their (COBY) TECH support that the supplied email and calendar are only setup to work with an exchange server (Microsoft Exchange Server). You will need to download a GMAIL and CALENDAR APP, but I don't know if the GETJAR has any. This brings up a whole new set of issues like getting the Android Market running on your MID7127. There are some excellent YouTube tutorials (
) on how to do that. The Android Market has an excellent selection of mail, calendar, ect.. APPs.

Last edited by a moderator:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I activated aldiko with the wrong adobe id. How do I activate with another id?

How is your question related to this thread?

Anyway, try going to Settings -> Manage Applications, find Aldiko and use "Clear data" if you can't find where to replace your Adobe ID (you may need to re-import your library). If it doesn't work, I think I have seen a hidden folder with "Adobe" in its name, so use a file manager and change its settings to show hidden files, try to find this folder and rename it with Aldiko close to see if it helps.

Rupert

Dec 17, 2011
Thanks for your reply ifom. Although none of these things worked, I finally discovered that the re-authorization had to be done in Adobe Digital Editions on my computer while mu device was connected via USB. Things are fine now. It had nothing to do with Aldiko after all.

runningusa

Feb 9, 2012
To set-up an e-mail account with the Pandigital:
Domain/Username: slash, your user name, then @gmail.com
/(username)@gmail.com
Password: (Your password)
Server: m.google.com
I was able to set up 2 accounts. I deleted 1 e-mail but now I can not add a different e-mail.